• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paperheart's Still Locked Down: M,C,B,S: CLOSED

47 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Does this have CT all down the spine?  The book I ordered in the day did, but this copy appears clean.

there looks to be a spot of red about 2/3's up Mjolnir if you're looking from the inside

25 minutes ago, paperheart said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

Does this have CT all down the spine?  The book I ordered in the day did, but this copy appears clean.

there looks to be a spot of red about 2/3's up Mjolnir if you're looking from the inside

I think I'll take it as a curiosity piece at this point, so that maybe I can learn more about restoration.  The staple placement looks weird, if that was actually monkeyed with, and I want to examine the trimming.

:takeit: 

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I think I'll take it as a curiosity piece at this point, so that maybe I can learn more about restoration.  The staple placement looks weird, if that was actually monkeyed with, and I want to examine the trimming.

:takeit: 

Normally with this issue I look for copies like the one shown below, with the cover aligned to show the sole of Thor's boot (often cut off) touching the bottom of the page, which should leave approximately 1/4" of red above the letterhead. On this "file copy" issue half of the toe of Thor's boot is missing and there is minimal red above the letterhead - I would guess this comic has been heavily trimmed top and bottom. Still a decent deal at the price paid though and one I was tempted to pull the trigger on myself despite the obvious (and duly noted) hatchet job.

Journey Into Mystery #114 in 4.5

Edited by Black_Adam