• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Square bound Question
2 2

4 posts in this topic

I have a nice square bound book I'm sending in - its been pressed, but wondering if the impression of the staples will be counted in the grading...is that something I should try to fix or is that not an issue?

FullSizeRender-1.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ozonetv said:

I have a nice square bound book I'm sending in - its been pressed, but wondering if the impression of the staples will be counted in the grading...is that something I should try to fix or is that not an issue?

FullSizeRender-1.jpeg

Great question. I have an ASM 102 at CGC right now with some staple impressions. My book has some other issues as well but I'm also curious about staple impressions.

ASM #102 U 6.0 Back.jpeg

Please keep in mind that staple issues are extremely common on square-bound comics. As long as the staples don't protrude through the cover, you should be OK. If they do poke through the cover, it would likely become a factor in the grade. But as Joey said, a book could still be in the NM range with that type of flaw. A much more serious issue on square-bound books is the dreaded spine split, which can obviously dramatically affect the grade...