• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$50K+ Bronze Age & Later?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Hi all, I've been collecting TWD comics for a few years but am gonna go Newbie for this question.   I am watching in awe as TMNT #1 in 9.8 is up to $46K in the CLink auction with 9 days left.  I have also seen Hulk 181 9.8 prices reported on their site at $59K.

Using a cutoff of $50K+, what bronze, copper and modern books sell at this price level?  When younger, I collected during 1978 to 1980 so may have had some of these "killer" books in my hands at some point.   

ASM #129 is in the $15k range.

Albedo #2 is in the $25-30k range.

Bone #1 is in the thousands as well.

Alf #48 is close to $1k if not around there.

ASM #667 Dell Otto variant is in the $20k+ ballpark.

ASM #300 is in the $2-2500 range right now.

Batman Adventures #12 hovers around the $2k mark.

Star Wars The Clone Wars #1 has now jumped to up or above $1k.

Ultimate Fallout #4 is riding high in the $1-1500 range in 9.8 with a Newstand selling recently in 9.8 for over $8k.

Just grabbing stuff that came to mind and dollar amounts are guesstimates not 100% accurate. :)

28 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

ASM #129 is in the $15k range.

Albedo #2 is in the $25-30k range.

Bone #1 is in the thousands as well.

Alf #48 is close to $1k if not around there.

ASM #667 Dell Otto variant is in the $20k+ ballpark.

ASM #300 is in the $2-2500 range right now.

Batman Adventures #12 hovers around the $2k mark.

Star Wars The Clone Wars #1 has now jumped to up or above $1k.

Ultimate Fallout #4 is riding high in the $1-1500 range in 9.8 with a Newstand selling recently in 9.8 for over $8k.

Just grabbing stuff that came to mind and dollar amounts are guesstimates not 100% accurate. :)

What the Heck is an Albedo??? 

19 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

In general, one of the early anthropomorphic animal (that is, "furry") comics. But as far as the sky-high prices go? First appearance of Usagi Yojimbo.

I'm gonna have to Google that (thumbsu

24 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

In general, one of the early anthropomorphic animal (that is, "furry") comics. But as far as the sky-high prices go? First appearance of Usagi Yojimbo.

OK I looked up the comic on eBay, I read the Wikipedia on this Usagi dude and I still don't get the price.  Sellers are saying "maybe" a TV series or movie.   $30K?????

51 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

OK I looked up the comic on eBay, I read the Wikipedia on this Usagi dude and I still don't get the price.  Sellers are saying "maybe" a TV series or movie.   $30K?????

It is another low print run hard to find in a high grade book.  Census has 13 in 9.8 out of 221 graded.

What would a Cerebus #1 9.8 bring at auction?  Not many sales to reference(No 9.8’s on census), but a year or so back I believe a 9.4 sold for $18k, so I’d think this book would make it to the conversation.

1 hour ago, BladeTX said:

Usagi, after his introduction, eventually joined the TMNT universe (and appeared in both the 1987, 2003, and 2012 cartoon series). That's certainly helped boost the value of Albedo 2. Also, it's a tiny print run with a lot of copies in pretty grim shape, so high grade examples are things to chase.

4 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

What would a Cerebus #1 9.8 bring at auction?  Not many sales to reference(No 9.8’s on census), but a year or so back I believe a 9.4 sold for $18k, so I’d think this book would make it to the conversation.

Something ludicrous, assuming such a thing exists. Odds are pretty good at this point that there simply are no 9.8s of Cerebus 1. Most copies were marred by fairly significant production defects; Dave Sim held back essentially all legitimately high-grade copies and distributed them later through various means. Many of those are now SS books. If there was a 9.8 candidate Cerebus 1, we'd almost certainly have seen it by now. I don't believe Sim has a stash still held back, and normal distribution copies have pretty much zero shot at high grades.

Batman 457 2nd print Newsstand 

Superman 2nd print Newsstand 

Superman Batman 4 German 

Dark Knight III Master Race 1:5000

Batman 608 RRP

ASM 300

Marvel Collectible Classics Chromium  both spiderman 1 & 2

Edge of Spider Verse 2 Variant 

Speaking of Variants a TON of modern Variant especially the 1:1000

1:5000 as well as a bunch of Newsstand and a couple DC Universe Logo Variant have now climbed up there.