• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a gradedt book that's a 9.8 with a defect
1 1

9 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Good morning, thanks for your message.  I'm not exactly sure what defect you are referring to or exactly what you area asking since it appears your book is a 9.8 already.  Do you feel it was overgraded?  If you feel the book was overgraded, you can send that back for a grader review.  Our graders would not be able to make any determinations based on a picture, they would have to have the book in hand.  

If you have any additional questions, you can reach our customer service department at 877-662-6642 or by email at submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thank you!

It's very hard to tell from the pictures what the defect is. 

If the book was already graded what is your concern? That the graders missed an error and over graded it? 

Personally, I wouldn't invest the time,  $$ and energy to have it regraded.  Enjoy it. 

On 6/30/2020 at 7:28 PM, Keys_Collector said:

Send it back in for a regrade :roflmao:

No kidding right!!!!

Seriously though, I have 9.6's that don't look that bad.  I'm sure there are other people on here that could identify whether that is a bindary issue, etc. and whether they think it should indeed be a 9.8.  I will just say that if I was looking for 9.8's I personally probably wouldn't have even submitted that book.

Having said that, the whole idea (and it took me awhile to wrap my head around this) is that if we are sending books in to a third party grader then we need to just accept what they say.

Your book is inside an undamaged CGC slab graded 9.8 so that is what it is... might as well not question or worry about it.  Especially if you submitted this yourself, just be happy with it and decide to agree that it wasn't anything worth knocking it off of 9.8.  Congrats!

Edited by Iconic1s

I would say that tiny tear on the top of the spine happened during the manufacturing of the book; it's very common. That would normally be allowable in a 9.8. So would that tiny bit of wear at the staple. But anything higher than a 9.8 is unrealistic. In other words, it's very likely 9.8 is the highest grade this book will ever receive. So don't worry...be happy.  :foryou: