• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Retconned Out Of Canon?

29 posts in this topic

Force Awakens, Last Jedi & Rise of Skywalker to be Retconned out of Star Wars canon?

https://cosmicbook.news/disney-resetting-star-wars-erasing-last-jedi

A new rumor has hit the net offering that some sort of Disney Star Wars reset is in the works that will see Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Skywalker basically erased...

It's claimed the Disney Star Wars Trilogy will be erased using a concept that was recently made canon in the Star Wars Rebels animated series.

"In the Season 4 episode 13 installment titled 'A World Between Worlds,' the concept of the Veil of The Force was introduced, a mystical dimension of The Force that connects all time and space,"
It's said that the events from The Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Skywalker "will be removed from canon, isolated in their own alternate timeline and regarded as an Elseworlds-like installment under the label of Star Wars Legends."
... a Star Wars Multiverse will be created which will isolate the Disney Star Wars Trilogy as being a part of a separate universe that is not a part of the George Lucas original Star Wars films.
"No Disney sequel trilogy, Han doesn't walk stupidly into a lightsaber, Leia doesn't fly like Mary Poppins through space, Luke has nothing to run away from and consumes no green milk, and I am informed there will be no amazing 'wonder Rey' as she was born after The Emperor's death,"... the plan will "retcon the Sequel Trilogy out of our misery and restore freedom to George Lucas' galaxy."

9 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I also like how the article talks a lot about LucasFilm having all these plans…except Mickey owns LucasFilm, and if Mr. Mouse doesn’t sign off, this is all just a fan boy wet dream (which it probably is anyway).

Yeah I put no stock in this rumor, however saying that I'd love to see it happen just to watch Kennedy's and Johnson's heads explode!

Really, what’s the point of trying to assuage a few whiny fanboys when you look completely idiotic in the process?  Did they already forgot how badly that went for the Sky of Risewalker? 

DisneyFilm, you blew it.  No one will forget that because of some convenient postmortem story wrinkle.  Just own it. 

Spoiler alert!!! Disney/Lucasfilm will never remove from canon the three Star Wars film they're responsible for creating. Also spoiler alert...a rumor story from CosmicBookNews is about as reliable as a bombshell report from WeGotThisCovered, as in not. The new Star Wars movies are better than the Prequel Trilogy. Retcon them if you're going to retcon anything, which they're not.

33 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

And then you watch The Clone Wars and Rebels and accept the faults of the Prequel Trilogy because The Clone Wars is pure magnificence.

Nah. The Prequel Trilogy is garbage, particularly the first two films. Revenge of the Sith is watchable but still has to carry the mistakes of the first two. Hayden Christiansen should go down as worst miscast actor ever or worst directed actor ever in a major motion picture. So much incompetence and hubris displayed by Lucas in those movies.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Nah. The Prequel Trilogy is garbage, particularly the first two films. Revenge of the Sith is watchable but still has to carry the mistakes of the first two. Hayden Christiansen should go down as worst miscast ever or worst directed actor ever in a major motion picture. So much incompetence and hubris displayed by Lucas in those movies.

image.gif.a19a52a01055eacd3e865e221be98f8a.gif

On 7/2/2020 at 8:05 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Spoiler alert!!! Disney/Lucasfilm will never remove from canon the three Star Wars film they're responsible for creating. Also spoiler alert...a rumor story from CosmicBookNews is about as reliable as a bombshell report from WeGotThisCovered, as in not. The new Star Wars movies are better than the Prequel Trilogy. Retcon them if you're going to retcon anything, which they're not.

Although I agree with you on these sites, the details are quite interesting. Especially the source was the one that broke the news Captain Marvel 2 was leading to concerns leading to the directors be dismissed.

Tyrone Magnus talked through all the rumors and how some may be credible and other parts not.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Although I agree with you on these sites, the details are quite interesting. Especially the source was the one that broke the news Captain Marvel 2 was leading to concerns leading to the directors be dismissed.

Tyrone Magnus talked through all the rumors and how some may be credible and other parts not.

You mean that Doomcock/DVD Overlord joker? The guy who gets like 99.99% of his "scoops" wrong? The guy who obviously has an anti-woman anti-diversity agenda? A "source"? Sure, but a source of BS and hate. News flash: Disney didn't have a "problem" with Brie Larson and the CM directors weren't "fired." They finished the CM movie, did their job, and helped the movie smash box office expectations.

And this Tyrone Magnus dude in the above video is just another anti-diversity YouTube huckster. Is he seriously trying to argue that George Lucas would have made a better Sequel Trilogy of movies? He couldn't even make a competent Prequel Trilogy.

Disney isn't getting rid of Kathleen Kennedy. I don't need a "source" to tell me that. Her track record is incredible, overseeing production of some of the greatest blockbuster movies of all time. Her Star Wars fan film track record is fine. Every movie except Solo has been a box office smash. Mandalorian is cited by many as their flat-out favorite Star Wars...thing. Haters have a way of cherry picking their evidence to make their points and people eat it up, unfortunately.

12 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

You mean that Doomcock/DVD Overlord joker? The guy who gets like 99.99% of his "scoops" wrong? The guy who obviously has an anti-woman anti-diversity agenda? A "source"? Sure, but a source of BS and hate. News flash: Disney didn't have a "problem" with Brie Larson and the CM directors weren't "fired." They finished the CM movie, did their job, and helped the movie smash box office expectations.

And this Tyrone Magnus dude in the above video is just another anti-diversity YouTube huckster. Is he seriously trying to argue that George Lucas would have made a better Sequel Trilogy of movies? He couldn't even make a competent Prequel Trilogy.

Disney isn't getting rid of Kathleen Kennedy. I don't need a "source" to tell me that. Her track record is incredible, overseeing production of some of the greatest blockbuster movies of all time. Her Star Wars fan film track record is fine. Every movie except Solo has been a box office smash. Mandalorian is cited by many as their flat-out favorite Star Wars...thing. Haters have a way of cherry picking their evidence to make their points and people eat it up, unfortunately.

:roflmao:

I have it on good authority (MCU Cosmic) that Doomcock/DVD Overlord insider leaks are 99.2% accurate so there is no disputing that because of the source that you work. So that is why you must believe it and worship it and then even have tea with it.

News Flash: While the MCU has other directors come back to work on films like with Spider-Man, Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War/Endgame and Captain America 2/3, why of course with Captain Marvel this was all in the plan and why would nobody else realize it was all sketched out on a massive chalkboard at the MCU HQ alongside at least 20 years of stories ahead of us with never any deviations to account for other studio actions like what happened with Batman v Superman and Civil War? It's a fact - somewhere!

And with Tyrone Magnus I can't believe you gave that as much effort but to follow your approach I'll keep typing because the more text means I have something really critical to deliver even though I don't and then I read things somewhere in a deep dark portion of the interwebs that told me what I should be thinking so therefore it must be right (I think).

As far as Kathleen Kennedy (know as 'Sparky' by her closer friends) who really cares as no matter what Disney is getting not only film and merchandising revenue from the entire effort, but also theme park revenue for fanatics like all of us that cannot wait to stand next to a park employee dressed in a traditional character costume which then we worship as if it is the original actor standing next to us. GUARANTEED there will be more Star Wars movies and TV shows for many years to come, no matter if Sparky (OOPS - we are not that close) is in charge or not.

Did I do that right? I want to really achieve your high caliber of tomfoolery so badly. Dear Lord Baby Jesus, or as our brothers in the South call you - 'Hey-suz'. We thank you so much for this bountiful harvest of Dominos, KFC, and the always delicious Taco Bell. Amen!

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

I have it on good authority (MCU Cosmic) that Doomcock/DVD Overlord insider leaks are 99.2% accurate so there is no disputing that because of the source that you work. So that is why you must believe it and worship it and then even have tea with it.

News Flash: While the MCU has other directors come back to work on films like with Spider-Man, Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War/Endgame and Captain America 2/3, why of course with Captain Marvel this was all in the plan and why would nobody else realize it was all sketched out on a massive chalkboard at the MCU HQ alongside at least 20 years of stories ahead of us with never any deviations to account for other studio actions like what happened with Batman v Superman and Civil War? It's a fact - somewhere!

And with Tyrone Magnus I can't believe you gave that as much effort but to follow your approach I'll keep typing because the more text means I have something really critical to deliver even though I don't and then I read things somewhere in a deep dark portion of the interwebs that told me what I should be thinking so therefore it must be right (I think).

As far as Kathleen Kennedy (know as 'Sparky' by her closer friends) who really cares as no matter what Disney is getting not only film and merchandising revenue from the entire effort, but also theme park revenue for fanatics like all of us that cannot wait to stand next to a park employee dressed in a traditional character costume which then we worship as if it is the original actor standing next to us. GUARANTEED there will be more Star Wars movies and TV shows for many years to come, no matter if Sparky (OOPS - we are not that close) is in charge or not.

Did I do that right? I want to really achieve your high caliber of tomfoolery so badly. Dear Lord Baby Jesus, or as our brothers in the South call you - 'Hey-suz'. We thank you so much for this bountiful harvest of Dominos, KFC, and the always delicious Taco Bell. Amen!

Doomcock isn't an insider. Nothing he's ever "scooped" has ever come to fruition. He's more like 100% inaccurate. At least MCU Cosmic, who isn't a YouTube huckster out for subscription hits and likes, uses people like Dan Richtman who somehow get actual MCU insider info. MCU Cosmic scooped Eternals, and that's all I need to know. Of course, I don't really give two bits about fake leakers out for a story. But when hatemongers use their platform of fake stories to further a ComicsGate agenda of anti-diversity and anti-feminism, there's a certain evil to that.

So you're saying that because Captain Marvel directors Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck weren't brought back for the  sequel, that they were in a sense fired because of some kind of perceived failure of the first movie? I get it. It must be that, because other MCU directors were brought back for sequels like Russo Bros, Ryan Coogler, etc. But then you have to consider that Captain Marvel, like Captain America First Avenger, was a period prequel. The two movies were written and designed to fit the time of their story. Captain Marvel, in particular, had the feel of a 90's buddy cop/indie coming of age flick. Their indie film, Mississippi Grind, was a road traveling buddy movie, so there was a fit. The Captain Marvel directors are now in talks to direct a Disney+ MCU show. I wonder what that might be? Ms. Marvel maybe? And it's most likely a kind of sequel to Captain Marvel and reportedly a tie-in to Captain Marvel 2. And about Captain Marvel 2, it's reportedly a modern day story and will be a sort of mini-Avengers movie, according to folks with actual insider info. Well it makes complete sense to go with different directors to capture a different style, story, and tone that Feige might be looking for. Kind of how Captain America switched from Joe Johnston's feel good patriotic Cap to the Russo's more mature political thriller Cap. If Carol Danvers is going to be the new heart of the MCU, her next movie needs to reflect that and have a certain gravitas. As Marvel did with Cap, switching up storytellers is a way to do that.

And as far as Kathleen Kennedy, obviously people seem to care because they won't shut up about her as they watch The Mandalorian for the twentieth time...