• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars #25 and #26 9.8 Value?? Why?

5 posts in this topic

Going through my comics to send out a new batch to CGC.  Certain issues of Star Wars seems to have some very odd prices in 9.8. 

For example, the "fair market value" (according to GoCollect) of issue #25 is 9.8 is $625 while the 9.6 is valued at $46! 

The "fair market value" of issue #26 is $675 in 9.8  and $34 for a 9.6!!

I have both of these and was considering having them graded.

Why are these so incredibly high priced in 9,8?

I've noticed some other very odd prices for other basically meaningless copies of Star Wars. 

4 hours ago, Tafkap said:

Going through my comics to send out a new batch to CGC.  Certain issues of Star Wars seems to have some very odd prices in 9.8. 

For example, the "fair market value" (according to GoCollect) of issue #25 is 9.8 is $625 while the 9.6 is valued at $46! 

I've noticed some other very odd prices for other basically meaningless copies of Star Wars.

9.8 prices are out of hand in almost every circumstance.

16 hours ago, Tafkap said:

The answer is the same everytime: supply and demand. There are fewer 9.8s, so that's what is rarer and that's what people will pay more for. 9.6 are faaaaar less rare and not as special, so they aren't even worth the cost it took to get graded. Hence why I am surprised you want them professionally graded. For most Star Wars books, its a sure fire way to waste money you will never get back.