• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 118

4 posts in this topic

I started reading Conway's ASM at 121 but stopped at 130 to go back to the beginning... just finished 118, and wtf.

Spidey trying to save face for Raleigh was an absolutely ridiculous turn of events. Seems out of character but was also just completely wrong! We need "symbols??" C'mon with that .

Did Conway ever address this? Either in the book or an interview somewhere? There's plenty of silly stuff in these books, but that was just beyond the pale...

ASM 118 was part of the reworked Spectacular Spider-Man magazine (1968) that someone decided would be a good idea to jam into ASM, so the -script had to follow the existing artwork. Not sure if this addresses your question directly as I don't have the chance to reread it right now, but I tend to think of issues 116 - 118 as reprints myself. 

Oh yeah... there was a footnote I thought was strange that had something to do with spectacular... ok...

But still... that whole "remove the costume so no one knows the truth" thing was just so wrong... i guess it does come back to bite him in the when Harry does the same thing a few issues later...

I also wonder... at what point did Conway (et al) know Gwen was about to die?