• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dungeons & Dragons books

6 posts in this topic

I don't see anything there.  The reason I ask is because the original white box books are an odd size, and I don't know if you slab books that are 8.5" x 5.5"

I also don't see the Strategic Review (original name for Dragon magazine), and was curious if you were qualified to grade and slab these kind of things.

• Administrator

Good morning,

For comics the largest size we can accommodate is:

• 10-1/2” tall
  • 7-5/8” wide
  • 1/4” thick

And for magazine size the largest would be: 

• 11-1/2” tall
  • 8-7/8” wide
  • 1/2” thick

My guess would be that maybe the thickness would be an issue.  You might want to measure that to see if it would fall within these dimensions.  If it does, then we should be able to grade it.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

17 hours ago, Skletapocket said:

I don't see anything there.  The reason I ask is because the original white box books are an odd size, and I don't know if you slab books that are 8.5" x 5.5"

I also don't see the Strategic Review (original name for Dragon magazine), and was curious if you were qualified to grade and slab these kind of things.

They do have Dragon # 1 on the census with 4 graded copies (link below) so they should be able to slab issues of the Strategic Review

https://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Dragon&publisher=TSR+Periodicals&issue=1&year=1976&issuedate=6%2F76

I don't really like reading comics, but I've read many books about this game, and as far as I understand, the books are better and more enjoyable. Since they describe more stories and legends about this game. Yes, of course, there are no pictures here, as in the comics, but I think those who really like this game will not attach any importance. After all, as for me, it is better to read an exciting and long story than a short one, but with pictures, even more than that, books attract more players to the game. In our time, there is everything for new players. I'll even take the website, for example, https://dndguide.net/, which I read and has many tutorials for different classes. So I repeat, no matter what anyone says, but books are much better than comics.

Edited by tanamonn