• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All Hail The Lord of the Jungle
3 3

108 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, tth2 said:
16 hours ago, lou_fine said:

It's been suggested by MANY that you're kind of into only uber high grade copies of comic books.  

FTFY

6 hours ago, tth2 said:

This is a tough crowd!  I purposely haven't posted my 4 & 6 because of the ridicule I know I'd be getting.  :fear:

Hey Tim;

In light of your fear and obvious OCD behavior here and the neeed for you to get over it, I am wiling to step up to the plate to help you wean off your need to always acquire these CGC highest graded copies of comic books.  (thumbsu

I suggest we start slowly with a few 9.2's and 9.0's from my own personal collection before moving further down into the 8's.  Of course, since we know that overcoming OCD is a slow and progressive step by step process, you can continue to pay CGC highest graded equivalent prices so that you will feel more comfortable and at home during this whole process.  :devil:  

Before you know it, you'll be down here in the cesspool with the rest of us chasing and bidding on all of these CGC 4.0 and CGC 6.0 graded copies of books.  :takeit:  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On 7/2/2020 at 2:33 PM, MrBedrock said:

I am with you and Nerv. Love the book. I had always wanted a copy but they used to sell for a lot more than I wanted to pay. About three years ago I did a trade with an old time collector and picked up this pretty 7.0ish raw copy..

fourcolor10.jpg

I’ve got probably a vg copy I picked up in a trade group many years ago. Never did like the cover. But, when you open it up, it has some of the best Alex Raymond cover to cover art in the hobby! Never judge a book by it’s cover...

On 7/2/2020 at 9:33 PM, tth2 said:

Foster, Tarzan and Vikings!  Does it get any better?

Could use a little of Jane in the mix...

15 hours ago, adamstrange said:
On 7/2/2020 at 6:33 PM, tth2 said:

Foster, Tarzan and Vikings!  Does it get any better?

Could use a little of Jane in the mix...

Yes indeed, as I watched the latest Tarzan movie on TV the other night and I must say that Jane was looking pretty vivacious and sultry in her role.  :luhv:

Definitely couldn't say the same thing about her role in Suicide Squard as Harley Quinn though, as I had to delete that POS movie off before the end of the first hour.  :p  

Edited by lou_fine

On 6/30/2020 at 3:45 PM, Pat Calhoun said:

im642.jpg

Jesse March knew a thing or too about how to draw a compelling comic book story.

On 6/30/2020 at 4:27 PM, MrBedrock said:

bigoltarzan.jpg

Fun fact:  This picture isn't nearly as big as you might guess.  Without his shoes, MrB is only 4' 9".