• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Astonishing Tales Club
5 5

135 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Timeless icons said:

Picked these up over time. Just grabbed this really nice 9.4 wp last week as well. As everyone knows... books of this era were often poorly wrapped. I thought these were nice enough and I also held off to grab white page copies. 

astonishing tales 25 cgc 9 8 copy 1003.jpg

astonishing tales 25 cgc 9 8 copy 2004.jpg

astonishing tales 25 cgc 9 8 wp copy 4001.jpg

astonishing tales 25 9.4 wp.jpg

Oh, you had them all! lol

8 hours ago, da.amazing.spiderman said:

Okay, I'll play.  It's not very often this thread "Astonishing Tales Club" is active with participants. 

My graded copies of Astonishing Tales #12 (1st comic book appearance of Man-Thing).

DSC00984.JPG

That is 28 percent of all the 9.4s on the census!  ^^

On 7/9/2020 at 9:31 AM, picon3 said:

This was a bizzare reprint choice in the midst of the Deathlok run.  The dreaded "Deadline Doom", but still...

2672553_Full_Obv.jpg

It was bizarre at the time, but Marvel was getting ready to feature the Guardians in a multi-part adventure in the Defenders book. Stan probably felt it was a good time to throw out the 1st appearance when he had a deadline problem.

1 hour ago, boomtown said:

It was bizarre at the time, but Marvel was getting ready to feature the Guardians in a multi-part adventure in the Defenders book. Stan probably felt it was a good time to throw out the 1st appearance when he had a deadline problem.

Never made the connection with the Defenders #27-#29 until now. Makes sense. :foryou: Paul