• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Astonishing Tales Club
5 5

135 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Deathlok72 said:

Here's my Astonishing Tales/Deathlok 1st run collection I'm working on. Still have some holes but hopefully I'll fill them.

Back in 1974 when I read Astonishing Tales 26 as a 13 year old kid, Deathlok was the coolest character ever. I still think so. LOL.

20210409_133333.jpg

20210409_134036.jpg

^^

4 hours ago, Deathlok72 said:

Here's my Astonishing Tales/Deathlok 1st run collection I'm working on. Still have some holes but hopefully I'll fill them.

Back in 1974 when I read Astonishing Tales 26 as a 13 year old kid, Deathlok was the coolest character ever. I still think so. LOL.

20210409_133333.jpg

20210409_134036.jpg

Nice collection!

5 hours ago, Deathlok72 said:

20210409_133333.jpg

20210409_134036.jpg

That sounds very similar to my own story. I was living in Turkey at the time and I remember seeing Astonishing Tales number 30 on the rack. I would have been about 10. And like you Deathlok has always been my favorite character. (thumbsu nice set.  Have you set up a registry set? Paul-

3 hours ago, picon3 said:

That sounds very similar to my own story. I was living in Turkey at the time and I remember seeing Astonishing Tales number 30 on the rack. I would have been about 10. And like you Deathlok has always been my favorite character. (thumbsu nice set.  Have you set up a registry set? Paul-

Cool.:cool:.

Not sure about the registry and what it is..

Thanks!

Jim

6 hours ago, Deathlok72 said:

Cool.:cool:.

Not sure about the registry and what it is..

Thanks!

Jim

I am out of town. Can anyone else help Jim explore the registry? By the way, what level of membership do you have to be in order to have a registry set? I believe it is the $25 level, right? Thanks, Paul-

1 hour ago, picon3 said:

I am out of town. Can anyone else help Jim explore the registry? By the way, what level of membership do you have to be in order to have a registry set? I believe it is the $25 level, right? Thanks, Paul-

Its free to all CGC forum members....   Here you go Deathlock72. Its easy to use, Just look up a title and view members sets..  Only requirement is they must be CGC certified comics.     Set Type Detail Page (collectors-society.com)

On 4/9/2021 at 9:03 PM, Deathlok72 said:

20210409_133333.jpg

20210409_134036.jpg

You gotta sort that # 32 out and get it on the registry, great set. 

So IT,! The Living Colossus, was the lead character until Deathlok came onboard in number 25. Here are the remaining three issues. 

2702796_Full_Obv.jpg

Edited by picon3
Added info