• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Astonishing Tales Club
5 5

135 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, batmiesta said:

You gotta sort that # 32 out and get it on the registry, great set. 

Thanks,

Yes still waiting for it to be released by the previous owner. Is there a way I can notify the previous owner?

Jim

10 hours ago, Deathlok72 said:

Thanks,

Yes still waiting for it to be released by the previous owner. Is there a way I can notify the previous owner?

Jim

If it has been over a week, you may want to reach out to someone in customer service. They have been extremely helpful as they are all working from home but our networked into the mothership. 

Paul-

I always take a peak at the census on Astonishing Tales, but this must have slipped by me.  Super-hard due to the black of the background.  It appears that there is now (1) Astonishing Tales #33 in CGC 9.8.  :golfclap:Someone on the boards? 

Astonishing Tales 33 (1/76, Marvel Comics) Universal 22 9.15 April 28, 2020     1 5 7 3 1 3 1 1  

On 10/6/2021 at 3:08 PM, Deathlok72 said:

In need of a Astonishing Tales #27 in a 9.8. to complete a first run Deathlok in 9.8. I have a #27 9.6 that I would be willing to add .

Just won the 9.8 #33.

Astonishing Tales #33

Congrats!   That was some aggressive bidding on that book.  I thought the price had topped out yesterday, I was surprised to see the final hammer price, a lot of people were chasing hard.  

I saw a few big bomber bid's from guys, the odd one is the 4th to last bid, someone had their bid withdrawn??

On 10/6/2021 at 12:08 AM, Deathlok72 said:

In need of a Astonishing Tales #27 in a 9.8. to complete a first run Deathlok in 9.8. I have a #27 9.6 that I would be willing to add .

Just won the 9.8 #33.

Astonishing Tales #33

Great pick up(worship). I was bidding... But dropped out in the early $1000s.

Paul-

On 10/5/2021 at 10:15 PM, Microchip said:

Congrats!   That was some aggressive bidding on that book.  I thought the price had topped out yesterday, I was surprised to see the final hammer price, a lot of people were chasing hard.  

I saw a few big bomber bid's from guys, the odd one is the 4th to last bid, someone had their bid withdrawn??

Microchip,

Thanks!

I had figured that who ever had the #33 9.8 wasn't going to sell it anytime soon.  When I saw it up for auction I new I had to pony up because if I didn't get it it might be years before one would become available again. You never know though, with the new price paid someone may get the incentive have a cherry copy graded and put up for sale.  

I think the 4th to the last bid may have been my max bid I had put in earlier.

Now my quest is a 9.8 #27. Hopefully one might come available.

Again thanks.

Edited by Deathlok72

On 10/6/2021 at 4:12 AM, picon3 said:

Great pick up(worship). I was bidding... But dropped out in the early $1000s.

Paul-

Thanks Paul!

I had a feeling you may have been bidding.

Thank you for the AT#5. Nice book. It has inspired me to pursue a complete 9.8 Astonishing Tales collection, not with the same intensity as the Deathlok subset though.

Jim

On 10/6/2021 at 10:30 AM, Deathlok72 said:

Microchip,

Thanks!

I had figured that who ever had the #33 9.8 wasn't going to sell it anytime soon.  When I saw it up for auction I new I had to pony up because if I didn't get it it might be years before one would become available again. You never know though, with the new price paid someone may get the incentive have a cherry copy graded and put up for sale.  

I think the 4th to the last bid may have been my max bid I had put in earlier.

Now my quest is a 9.8 #27. Hopefully one might up.

Again thanks.

On 10/6/2021 at 10:38 AM, Deathlok72 said:

Thanks Paul!

I had a feeling you may have been bidding.

Thank you for the AT#5. Nice book. It has inspired me to pursue a complete 9.8 Astonishing Tales collection, not with the same intensity as the Deathlok subset though.

Jim

No guts no glory! Very Nice!

On 10/6/2021 at 5:08 AM, Deathlok72 said:

Just won the 9.8 #33.

Astonishing Tales #33

You stepped up for that even though it is the only 9.8, there are 3 #27's in 9.8 so should be easier. O.o

On 10/7/2021 at 4:19 AM, batmiesta said:
On 10/6/2021 at 3:08 PM, Deathlok72 said:

Just won the 9.8 #33.

Astonishing Tales #33

You stepped up for that even though it is the only 9.8, there are 3 #27's in 9.8 so should be easier. O.o

Thats going to be a long ride as well.   The whole series has a lot of heat around it now, with Black Panther, Mockingbird, Kazar, Fin Fang Foom, Guardians of the Galaxy, and of course Deathlok.  It's jumped up in peoples radar for sure.