Edge of Spider-Verse 2 Variant

3 posts in this topic

3 posts

I am looking for Edge of Spider Verse 2. 9.4, or higher.  Very hard one to find.

Their are a few on ebay. The lowest I could bargain one is $2750 non signed.  I don't like signatures, I think they deface the comic. I do get their is a ton of collectors who like the signatures, and maybe I am out too lunch on this, please let me know that also.

So lets say I get it for $2500, that still seems like its $700 over what the last one on ebay sold for. I am a big Gwen Stacy fan from the 70s, and I really like the cover. I feel the book is a good investment dollar wise also, but would like some thoughts on fair price. I am willing to go pay over cause I like the book. 

Edited by spiderjim

768 posts

Welcome to the Boards!

Are you looking for a CGC Graded book? If so, what grade or grade range are you looking for? The average price difference between a 9.8 and a 9.4 is $1300. You can Edit your first post and Title to include that info.

Most ebay sellers will pump the price if they think a book is hot. There are sites that track public sales of CGC books so you can easily track actual sales instead of inflated asking prices. I use GPA. https://comics.gpanalysis.com/. It's a subscription service but if you're serious about collecting CGC books, it's worth it.

Also, be patient. Not every seller is looking to price gouge and you will probably see an affordable one pop up in a few months. There are over 400 CGC Universals (Blue label, unsigned) in th 9.0 to 9.8 range out there, a few affordables ones are bound to pop up.

Lastly, as far as signatures go it's completely your choice. While many here tend to gravitate towards signed books, there are just as many who prefer no signatures. And all are welcome.

Good luck with your search!

Edited by Chazgee

3 posts

Hey Chazgee,

Thanks for the great information.  I did re edit to include what grade. (9.4 or higher)  I have been to a few sites that track. They help.  I think patience is the key, good advise!.  I really try to get high grade if possible.

I get that signatures are subjective. I would think there would be more purist who want the virgin book, but I believe what you say, cause I see where collectors could like signatures. I have never asked anybody for an autograph, kind of think its silly, but that's me.  

I am the exact person who drives up prices for a comic for no real reason other then I want it.

Thanks again for reply,

Cheers,

James