• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spinner Racks for Slabs?
1 1

42 posts in this topic

It looks cool and I would buy one if it was $100 less or came with a free Stan Lee sig book! (thumbsu

That's not much more than I paid for a Marvel spinner rack in 1986. I don't know if distributors gave them away in the 60s, but by the time I opened a distributor account, they were a thing of the past. 

31 minutes ago, Dreamsleep said:

The shipping killed me. With exchange $200 to Canada! :roflmao:

Shipping will probably be the single most item that will turn people away from this.

It's funny, the price collectors are willing to pay for an individual issue that used to retail for $0.10 and then the cost to have it graded and put in it's individual slab/case makes the cost of these spinner racks seem reasonable to me.  But hey, to each his own. 

10 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

The three year old that lives in my house would take that CGC spinner rack and turn it into a CGC carousel. 

And the books would fly off like prizes. Really, this is a win win. 

Seems pretty pricey between the cost and shipping to me. And, it’s a “repro” with no squeak. I have owned several over the years and they were cool until I found this. I paid, I think $400. For it. Much more versitile and handles most any type of paper item you want to display. 

51029866-3A42-4AAE-B1F0-4EAE79FA8EF9.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Seems pretty pricey between the cost and shipping to me. And, it’s a “repro” with no squeak. I have owned several over the years and they were cool until I found this. I paid, I think $400. For it. Much more versitile and handles most any type of paper item you want to display. 

51029866-3A42-4AAE-B1F0-4EAE79FA8EF9.jpeg

Too bad it's a Dell.

16 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Too bad it's a Dell.

Hey, “Dell Comics are good Comics” can’t you read? :baiting:

At least it is vintage and not a “repro”. I display all kinds of comics and paper items in it. Right now, it is full of GA 4th of July comics. 

I would rather have the DC version I’ve seen of this rack but never had an opportunity to buy I’ve. 

And for the most part, I’m only slightly a bigger fan of most DCs than Dell...

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Hey, “Dell Comics are good Comics” can’t you read? :baiting:

At least it is vintage and not a “repro”. I display all kinds of comics and paper items in it. Right now, it is full of GA 4th of July comics. 

I would rather have the DC version I’ve seen of this rack but never had an opportunity to buy I’ve. 

And for the most part, I’m only slightly a bigger fan of most DCs than Dell...

I greatly dislike Dell Comics. My Mom thought they were educational, as opposed to Marvels.

Seems odd to me that anyone into slabbing comics and are so concerned about grades would want them sitting out in the open possibly getting faded. I don't even care about grades, will never have anything graded or slabbed and I never would have comics sitting out to get faded possibly.

51 minutes ago, catman76 said:

Seems odd to me that anyone into slabbing comics and are so concerned about grades would want them sitting out in the open possibly getting faded. I don't even care about grades, will never have anything graded or slabbed and I never would have comics sitting out to get faded possibly.

Agree. Perhaps CGC will come out with slabs made with the same protective material that’s used for framed movie posters?