• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yeah cause Kirby LOVED to sign right on covers....
2 2

97 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

If a ridiculously obvious forgery of a Kirby forgery; a double-forgery; brings $300 to $500 on ebay, then what is the real thing worth? 

No idea... but I am in the market for a Mattingly or Ripken Bat.   I'm thinking of it. 

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

(thumbsu  (worship)

The best part was this was a total surprise!  It was the oldest FF I had and a little dirty, came back a 5.5.  I just sent it in for sentiment.  Looks great after a press...

BCE237C2-6785-4C7A-8EEE-015BA3B47725_1_105_c.jpeg.d6f352675cfa28531cfc7b25463f3bec.jpeg

I think i posted it like 5 times now haha, sorry...

The signature note is on the label.

Edited by Karl Liebl

7 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Which Ripken? Sr., Jr., or Billy? 

The only one that really matters outside the Ripken FFace BBCard...

BTW... my biggest mistake was having Cal sign a ball with a black pen. Black never ages well... blue ages far better... what did I know?   I kind of have to replace the ball as well. 

29 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The only one that really matters outside the Ripken FFace BBCard...

BTW... my biggest mistake was having Cal sign a ball with a black pen. Black never ages well... blue ages far better... what did I know?   I kind of have to replace the ball as well. 

Sounds like the Coach;s Corner "Ruth" signed baseballs that are signed in Black Sharpie (and usually end no higher than $100 or so). I think this double fake Ruth/Cobb ball went for as high as $300! The steal of the century for 2 of the original HOFers on the same ball! 

Coach.jpg

Edited by James J Johnson

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

Sounds like the Coach;s Corner "Ruth" signed baseballs that are signed in Black Sharpie (and usually end no higher than $100 or so). I think this double fake Ruth/Cobb ball went for as high as $300! The steal of the century for 2 of the original HOFers on the same ball! 

Coach.jpg

Come on it's gotta be real look how old it looks!! lol 

I'd appreciate if some folks from here could look at my thread about the Kirby pin collection. For my money, I think at least a few of the signatures there are legitimate. Jeremy Kirby claims the whole set was. I think at minimum Jack took part of a stack and signed part with Roz and Evanier possibly finishing.