• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #328

8 posts in this topic

I've been interested in getting a few of the 'old' books from my collection with my favourite covers slabbed. However, since I've learned how unlikely it is for books to achieve a 9.6+, and these aren't extremely 'key' issues, it probably doesn't make financial sense for me to send my original copies in to CGC to be slabbed and graded...

So, what seems to make more sense is to SELL my original RAW books, and purchase another copy of the book that's already been slabbed and awarded a guaranteed quality rating ;)

So, starting with this beautiful McFarlane creation including two if his most iconic Marvel characters, what grade would you feel is accurate if you were to see this book listed for sale in it's current raw state?

TIA!

Amazing Spider-Man 328a.JPG

Amazing Spider-Man 328b.JPG

10 minutes ago, allthingskryptonite said:

9.2 or higher

If graded this book might as well come back as 9.8, you never know. (thumbsu

Thanks! 

I guess it's really just the question of whether I want to wait 6 months and spend $50+ to potentially get this copy back as a 9.8, or just drop $100-$150 on a buyitnow auction for a professionally evaluated CGC 9.6-9.8...  And then hopefully get a few bucks for this raw copy...  

Decisions Decisions!

4 minutes ago, StreetPreacher said:

Thanks! 

I guess it's really just the question of whether I want to wait 6 months and spend $50+ to potentially get this copy back as a 9.8, or just drop $100-$150 on a buyitnow auction for a professionally evaluated CGC 9.6-9.8...  And then hopefully get a few bucks for this raw copy...  

Decisions Decisions!

Well I checked the fair market value of this book. You can get a graded 9.8 for around 100$.

If you want guaranteed 9.8 then it's best to buy one already graded.

11 hours ago, allthingskryptonite said:

9.2 or higher

If graded this book might as well come back as 9.8, you never know. (thumbsu

This factor is why I built most of my silver/bronze collection with raw books in the 8.0 range and under. Those I felt reasonably confident about my grading... a book like this I wouldn't trust my grading.

Heck, I recall last year sending a Marvel Special Edition #15 for a joeypost press and CGC grade, thinking it would come back a 7.0. It came back a 9.0. (shrug) (edit: not that I'm complaining :grin: )

Edited by oldrover