• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This was asked to be removed
2 2

16 posts in this topic

These are very cool, but I do find it hard to believe that Steve Ditko autographed anything later than the mid to late 1960s. It has always been my understanding that Steve Ditko was loath to sell his artwork, autograph virtually anything, and avoided interviews like the plague; he believed that his work should speak for him.

If you say that these are Steve Ditko's autographs, I won't be disputing your analysis. As you alluded to in your story, this must have been a "once-in-a-lifetime" type of moment.

Edited by Joe Ankenbauer

16 minutes ago, Aliens said:

Yes, Ditko and his convictions based on his following on Ayn Rand's objectivism really did "round" him, sort to speak. And I myself could not believe it whatsoever when I first discovered these little gems, but after years of having them with me and gazing onto them, I am rather confident on them if not, god forbid, I would never have listed them for sale, as that would be going against my own convictions. 

Those sigs are representative of Ditko's earlier signature and was during a time when he really didn't sign much at all.  As he got older he replied to fan letters and his signature was a bit different...  But if you look at early signatures they have the swoop back through the S and T from the e's finish.  His signature is known to be all over the place.  Almost as if he did it on purpose so its probably difficult to authenticate.

Spoiler

signed-steve-ditko-barnes-barnes_1_104f8cf73c5c457e7fb51542b3f6b47c.thumb.jpg.6619bda8d8a1ac8aad14c4cee9a65c85.jpg

Spoiler

ditkopc2.jpg.833db13ef91a69fdc4d0ec4a922fbba0.jpg

Spoiler

Ditko1.jpg.d22e31649445b6805be9e0e102fd8ac1.jpg

Edited by comicquant

Anyone have any concerns about the Lee signature? Just curious. That price seems incredibly reasonable and should be authenticated (quick opinion it, PSA/DNA won't cost you much and getting one done will surely help the sale of others) and stories are sometimes sold to make a dishonest sale.

I own 16 Steve Ditko letters dating back 15 years, hence 16 signatures and actually kind of considered him a friend, but never had the nerve to ask him to sign a comic book. :( 

On 7/2/2020 at 2:00 AM, dinesh_s said:

I'll take 

1.  Amazing Spider-Man issue 15 (first appearance of KRAVEN) signed by STAN and StEVE --missing ad page, otherwise complete.       $700 plus shipping

On 7/2/2020 at 2:42 AM, Xatari said:

I’ll take ASM 20. Scorpion. :)

Do either of you have this guy's PayPal address?  If so please post it here: 

Edited by SkOw

On 7/2/2020 at 1:32 AM, Monstertruck97 said:

Anyone have any concerns about the Lee signature? Just curious. That price seems incredibly reasonable and should be authenticated (quick opinion it, PSA/DNA won't cost you much and getting one done will surely help the sale of others) and stories are sometimes sold to make a dishonest sale.

I own 16 Steve Ditko letters dating back 15 years, hence 16 signatures and actually kind of considered him a friend, but never had the nerve to ask him to sign a comic book. :(

That might have ended the "friendship" right then and there  lol