• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High Grade Silver Age certified 9.6 and higher!
5 5

269 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ender said:

This is the best copy I have ever seen of this book.  It seems to often have interior cover tanning which dulls the outer part of the cover and this has none of that.  Just a spectacular copy!  Congratulations.

Thanks so much! It was one of those things where it "says" 9.6 but looked better than every 9.8 I saw come to auction. I was lucky that day! 

1 hour ago, Frisco Larson said:

Wow, those Savannah copies are awesome!!!  :headbang:

I'm usually pretty suspicious of Savannahs - I consider them a "red flag" ped, that you'll usually be disappointed in. 

But these copies seemed ok, although I haven't really inspected the SAs yet.

6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I'm usually pretty suspicious of Savannahs - I consider them a "red flag" ped, that you'll usually be disappointed in. 

Really? Good to know! I HAVE seen some Bronze Age copies with cream to off white pages which I'm not interested in. I like cream in my coffee, not my Bronze Age pages!  lol

2 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:
2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Really? Good to know! I HAVE seen some Bronze Age copies with cream to off white pages which I'm not interested in. I like cream in my coffee, not my Bronze Age pages!  lol

I think a lot of the covers have some extreme oil saturation going on, so both the FCs and BCs have a fugly, dingy appearance.  I just checked the Strange Adventures, and they don't appear to have it, or if so, it is mild.

Also, I don't believe the oil saturation dinginess is always related to the page quality. 

I had a SSWS #149 in CGC 9.6 that was a Savannah, and it was really ugly, but it had white pages. I sold it, so no longer have the scans

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I think a lot of the covers have some extreme oil saturation going on, so both the FCs and BCs have a fugly, dingy appearance.  I just checked the Strange Adventures, and they don't appear to have it, or if so, it is mild.

Also, I don't believe the oil saturation dinginess is always related to the page quality. 

I had a SSWS #149 in CGC 9.6 that was a Savannah, and it was really ugly, but it had white pages. I sold it, so no longer have the scans

Life is too short to have books that you're unhappy with. I've purchased "patches" before, you know, until I could find the right copy, but every time I take them out to look at them, I'm reminded why they're "patches."  :/