• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED

8 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Swartzisgod1 said:

I currently have a few items consigned to the Heritage July 9-12 Signature Auction.  Below is the link and list of the items.  Please feel me to send me a message if you have any specific questions.  

Thanks, 

Chris

http://comics.ha.com/c/search.zx?type=friend-consignorpreview-notice&saleNo=7231&collection=180&FC=0

X-Men #110 Pg 23 (1978) - Early Wolverine battle page by Tony DeZuniga with an art assist by Dave Cockrum.   

Marvel Comics Presents #60 cover (1990) - Hulk and Wolverine by Kieron Dwyer.  

X-MEN 110 pg 23.jpg

Marvel Comics Presents 60.jpg

I don't believe it's accurate to say there are art assists by Dave Cockrum on the X-Men #110 page.  I don't believe he touched every page as it was an inventory story.  I believe he touched the splash and perhaps some other pages, but I don't see his work here.

Chuck since Cockrum is credited with the art assist per the issue' credits I have listed it as such.  It would be nice to be able to find out from Dave or Tony which pages he definitely worked on and which didn't work on, but unfortunately that is not possible.  So which pages did Dave do breakdowns on, which pages did he help ink, what was the full extent of Cockrum's art assist?  If someone knows for sure please provide the info from first-hand knowledge.  If not, it is merely speculation on which pages from this issue Dave did or did not have a hand in.            

Original Comic Art:Splash Pages, Tony DeZuniga - X-Men #110 Splash Page 1 Original Art (Marvel, 1978). The Children of the Atom put saving the world aside fo...    

8 hours ago, Swartzisgod1 said:

Chuck since Cockrum is credited with the art assist per the issue' credits I have listed it as such.  It would be nice to be able to find out from Dave or Tony which pages he definitely worked on and which didn't work on, but unfortunately that is not possible.  So which pages did Dave do breakdowns on, which pages did he help ink, what was the full extent of Cockrum's art assist?  If someone knows for sure please provide the info from first-hand knowledge.  If not, it is merely speculation on which pages from this issue Dave did or did not have a hand in.            

Original Comic Art:Splash Pages, Tony DeZuniga - X-Men #110 Splash Page 1 Original Art (Marvel, 1978). The Children of the Atom put saving the world aside fo...    

Phil Churchill or Rich Donnelly could likely give some insights here on which pages were worked on by Cockrum.  I see it in Colossus' face on this splash.  Perhaps on Nightcrawler as well.   But, not so much on most of the pages from this issue.  But, many times you see these pages listed as "Cockrum" pages.  Not saying that Heritage is representing it that way here.  It's true that he did assist with this issue, but it doesn't specifically say he worked on the page being sold.  It leaves it to the buyer to assume.

2 hours ago, comiconxion said:

Phil Churchill or Rich Donnelly could likely give some insights here on which pages were worked on by Cockrum.  I see it in Colossus' face on this splash.  Perhaps on Nightcrawler as well.   But, not so much on most of the pages from this issue.  But, many times you see these pages listed as "Cockrum" pages.  Not saying that Heritage is representing it that way here.  It's true that he did assist with this issue, but it doesn't specifically say he worked on the page being sold.  It leaves it to the buyer to assume.

Phil is a solid trustworthy source and very knowledgeable on Cockrum art.  However, asking one of the brothers about the legitimacy of an artist’s work is like asking Bernie Madoff for investment advice.  If someone doesn’t have firsthand knowledge from Dave or Tony concerning the exact extent of Dave’s contributions on this issue, then it is just speculation and opinion.  I will reach out to Phil to see what additional insight he might have on how much Cockrum contributed to this issue.     

27 minutes ago, Swartzisgod1 said:

Phil is a solid trustworthy source and very knowledgeable on Cockrum art.  However, asking one of the brothers about the legitimacy of an artist’s work is like asking Bernie Madoff for investment advice.  If someone doesn’t have firsthand knowledge from Dave or Tony concerning the exact extent of Dave’s contributions on this issue, then it is just speculation and opinion.  I will reach out to Phil to see what additional insight he might have on how much Cockrum contributed to this issue.     

Rich Donnelly needs to ask his brother first.