• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lumpy Orange Guy Appreciation Society
2 2

147 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Yeah, how does  Namisgr find all these high grade copies?  Did they all come from one person or have you been building them up a little at a time?  

They're scans I have left from my collection that's been slowly sold off over the past decade.  :wink:

4 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Wow!  You kept really nice care of your comics back in the day.

Nah, the Silver Age collection was all bought second hand, and starting in 2001 some of it already slabbed.

It's the Bronze Age books that I bought new off the rack and saved, starting in early 1972.

Edited by namisgr

6 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

bc has some gorgeous copies as well.  What do you say bc?  Is there a cool story behind how you were able to score so many VF+ copies of monster books?

Not really anything cool - just a function of time & money. I've been seriously re-accumulating those books since 2008/2009. I had many of them in my original collection back in the day (several thousand books), but sold them all off to buy boring adult stuff like cars & house down payments - wish I had kept some of them.

Other than some Timely Schomburg books, the PHMs are the only thing I've been buying for quite some time.

-bc