• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue Hologram - Fatal Attractions - Excalibur #71 ???
2 2

109 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Marveldood said:

Is it only the Wolverines that have this black center with purple/blue edges distortion? 

Honestly I cant remember. I think the only two black ones I have found are Wolverine, but I think that 
is just coincidence. I would imagine any of the titles could have one. Whats sucks is you have to look
at quite a few to find one even that is blue or green(easier find) let alone black. 

Edited by fastballspecial

7 hours ago, Marveldood said:

I still haven't found one of these yet. Are you finding all these at the same shop?

No I might find one maybe once a month and I have to look thru maybe 50 of them to find one.
I cover a large area when I am looking for books Ive been doing this a long time. 

What I really enjoy it the diversity of all the different types. Green & Gold are the basic holograms
Then you get Green/Blue, Blue/Black, Black, Cracked ones, Upside down ones. Fun stuff

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is this one?

IMG_20210313_113736487.jpg

IMG_20210313_110312353.jpg

IMG_20210313_110304515.jpg

IMG_20210313_110301565.jpg

IMG_20210313_110256811.jpg

It seems to be a blue and green.  Not to be confused with a blue/green.  The first one refers to both colors being present, with a transition between them.  The blue/green is a solid single blue/green color. 

These are my own naming conventions, since there is no official distinction for any of the hologram anomalies.  Except for Wolverine 75, where mcs calls it 75ERROR.

2 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

It seems to be a blue and green.  Not to be confused with a blue/green.  The first one refers to both colors being present, with a transition between them.  The blue/green is a solid single blue/green color. 

These are my own naming conventions, since there is no official distinction for any of the hologram anomalies.  Except for Wolverine 75, where mcs calls it 75ERROR.

So yay or nay?

Image 1 - X-Force-25-Distorted-Hologram-Error-Noted-On-Label-VERY-RARE-CGC-Graded-9-0

and @Lightning55 compared to this one it is blue and green?

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
10 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

So yay or nay?

Anything that is out of the norm for the hologram is an error or variation, in my opinion.  As to its importance, that is up to the individual. 

For me, in order of preference: solid black, black blue combo in some way, solid dark blue, dark blue and any other color combo, blue and green, blue/green, and then green.  To me, amber is a the originally produced color, so I use that as the comparison.

From experience, you can find the odd holograms here and there in the wild, not very common.  You might have to look through a hundred to find 1 or 2. 

Since most guides and large comic book sellers hardly recognize the effect, or not at all, that makes it hard to determine collectability.  It's certainly a narrow field of collectors that are into it.

But....a 9.8 CGC Wolverine 75 with a solid blue hologram sold recently for $350.  Money talks, so that is a sign that someone cared enough about it to pony up that kind of loot.

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

It is one. Kinda unique too most of the blue seems at the top or middle of the hologram. Most of mine are green 
on the outside then blue in the middle.

Ya I've bought ones that are all black of blue and black, this is the first I have with blue and green sperated here are some more pics with light directly on it when it shows. Most of the time the light range to see is a bit longer than on this one, it shows black but more like it doesn't reflect at all