• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's talk about out-of-touch pricing and forum ettiquette.
7 7

397 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Comical Situations said:

It's disdain with a "d"...sorry to correct but I feel if you're going to put someone down (no matter the reason) in public forum you should spell the insult correctly.

I didn't know this either.  Thanks for ensuring my future insults will be on point! 

1 hour ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

A well reasoned & respectful response........

K8Q4kQY.gif

lol

Variables and more variables involved. Heck once upon a time there was a poster going GA GA over a Green Lantern with a green/yellow qualified signature series label. Imagine the reaction to that markup :insane:

On 7/6/2020 at 11:55 PM, Poekaymon said:

That's one way to handle it.  You could also just make it so no one can post unless they registered before 2010 or have 10,000+ posts.  

Wouldn't work. Too many knobs with 10k+ posts

1 hour ago, Erik Thorvaldsson said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. lol 

I'm not sure at all--that's why I asked for a correction if I was wrong.  What I am sure of is that no one in this thread is identified as a moderator or administrator or CGC employee.  Whereas this forum does have people clearly identified as such, including, as one example, Architecht.  But feel free to enlighten me.

Edited by Poekaymon

1 hour ago, Poekaymon said:
2 hours ago, Erik Thorvaldsson said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. lol 

I'm not sure at all--that's why I asked for a correction if I was wrong.  What I am sure of is that no one in this thread is identified as a moderator or administrator or CGC employee.  Whereas this forum does have people clearly identified as such, including, as one example, Architecht.  But feel free to enlighten me.

They have used, and might still use, forum members as mods. There has been speculation over the years who those forum members might be but no confirmation. You can probably guess why.

1 minute ago, Erik Thorvaldsson said:

They have used, and might still use, forum members as mods. There has been speculation over the years who those forum members might be but no confirmation. You can probably guess why.

Not really.  They should be identified so that you can tell the trolls apart.  As you're describing it, maybe I'm one of these undercover moderators, sent here to investigate allegations of bully culture.  (Woops, outed myself.)

Just now, Poekaymon said:

Not really.  They should be identified so that you can tell the trolls apart.  As you're describing it, maybe I'm one of these undercover moderators, sent here to investigate allegations of bully culture.  (Woops, outed myself.)

Check out the Moderation Policy Discussion thread in the Moderation Action forum. It confirms that there are Admins and also Mods who can/are sometimes Boardies. There's also some pretty amusing bickering to enjoy as well.

Trust no one! Even your best friend, your scout leader, or your pastor could indeed be a secret mod!

38 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

Responding to the bolded part, I couldn't agree more

44 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Trust no one! Even your best friend, your scout leader, or your pastor could indeed be a secret mod!

whooo.gif

Edited by Erik Thorvaldsson

30 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

People + message board = discussion

(shrug)

His comment was part of the discussion. But again, this isn't Facebook. The land of endless "OMG look at the price this seller is asking what a silly person I'd never buy this at the price they are asking how crazy now everyone comment to validate my opinion!" posts.

Just don't buy the dang book. Easy game, easy life!

4 hours ago, speedcake said:

His comment was part of the discussion. But again, this isn't Facebook. The land of endless "OMG look at the price this seller is asking what a silly person I'd never buy this at the price they are asking how crazy now everyone comment to validate my opinion!" posts.

Just don't buy the dang book. Easy game, easy life!

Hahah.  You are one hilarious lil guy.