• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] 15% OFF The Bar Tab With Lou Fine and Alex Schomburg!!!
4 4

28 posts in this topic

*** TAKE 15% OFF OF TWO REMAINING BOOKS *** 

:martini:

Offered here are three hard-to-find GA books. One from each of three masters of their craft.

First, the fine print (graciously adapted from that guy with the Neat Stuff):

General Rules

• No PL/HOS members

• The first "take it" posted in the sales thread wins. If we reach a deal via PM, I'll mark books SOLD in the thread as soon as reasonably possible. However, if someone else 'takes' the book in the thread before your PM take is acknowledged in the thread (by either you or I), the thread poster is the winner, I'm afraid; so, there is some risk of losing a book if you try to remain anonymous via PM.

Payment

• Personal checks or USPS money orders are preferred.

• I'll expect payment within 10 calendar days of invoice, or the book will be available for sale again (unless we've made other payment arrangements)

• Time payments are available for purchases of $2500 or more with 20% non-refundable deposit and installment payments, so purchase is paid in full no later than 90 days (please PM first). If monthly installments are more than 10 days late or payment is defaulted, the 20% deposit will be retained by the seller but the rest of monies will be returned to the buyer and the sale will be nullified. I reserve the right to not take time payments.

Shipping Terms

• USA: $10 for raw and $18 for graded in any quantity. I ship USPS priority with signature required.

• Canada: $15 for raw and $25 for graded in any quantity. Overseas- Shipping at cost. I only ship overseas to established board members with references.

Returns/Refunds

• General Policy: There are NO RETURNS on CGC graded books. 

Edited by Zolnerowich

So then, the Bar Is Open for the next couple of days, and you are welcome to get better acquainted with Alex, Lou, and Dan. Feel free to thread trash, send PMs, or make counter-offers.

If I can muster some bravery to part with any other of my books right now, you'll be the first to know. (thumbsu

4 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

MYSTERY MEN COMICS #5 (Dec. 1939) ..... CR/OW PAGES ..... $1350

None of the early Mystery Men books come along all that often. This one is no exception, and features a Lou Fine cover with the Green Mask and the proverbial villain hell-bent on making a sacrificial offering out of the damsel in distress.

This CGC 2.5 Restored copy ("apparent/slight") definitely has some dings on it, including some glue to the upper spine and a 1/2-inch chip out of the bottom left of the cover, but none of this affects the central cover art, which still holds very nice colors.

One unique bonus here is the signature by George Tuska (see right edge of book, just below the Green Mask's garb). Tuska did the "Wing Turner" and the "Zanzibar" stories inside the book. Obviously there is no way to authenticate the signature, but it sure looks a whole lot like other Tuska signatures I've seen, and anyhow, I don't think Tuska -- as awesome as he was -- would have inspired signature fakes.

Hard to price this book, based on so few recent sales... 

MysteryMen5fc.thumb.jpg.c5b3d5c15f2830d692aa9238a837f330.jpg

MysteryMen5bc.thumb.jpg.4398a2e8afbd9090c0eafac33e287621.jpg

Incredible ...

7 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

DARING COMICS #9 (Fall 1944) ..... WHITE PAGES ..... $2550

1st issue of the second series. Only 18 total on census.

Awesome cover with Subby, Torch, and Toro doing their best to save some Chinese prisoners while combating the Japanese baddies. One of the few covers to depict this unique wartime dynamic between Allies and Axis powers during WWII. And you can't go wrong with a treacherous pool of pink sharks.

Daring9fc.thumb.jpg.30c9ddae94452c85b50a2fccd8dcfd6f.jpg

Daring9bc.thumb.jpg.8d07e591d8b9cecd4b07f0504ce09869.jpg

The only reason I didn't buy this book is because I'm afraid it might awaken something bad in me and I'll only buy gold books. Hard enough hunting for X-Men 9,12 and 14 atm.

1 hour ago, nearmint said:

Lou Fine, Alex Schomburg, and Dan Zolnerowich walk into a bar...

I feel like a priest and a rabbi should be involved in this somehow.

Well, I don’t know why a priest and a rabbi would be involved.  Unless their collision with the bar was severe enough that they (or some of them) actually died.
Just how high was this bar that they walked into?  Did it hit their heads, or their chests, or legs, or what??  hm