• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free Graders Notes...

11 posts in this topic

Mundane question- when I joined cgc, I thought part of the membership was being able to access graders notes for free.  I just checked the different membership tiers and it says you can only access free graders notes for books you submitted.  This seems ridiculous- of course we shouldn't have to pay for our own notes- why even list it as a benefit.

Anyway, were free grader's notes ever offered as part of CGC membership?    Thanks, Bat.

Edited by Black Bat

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

Thats because people who submit their books to cgc dont get their own notes if they dont have a paid membership. I dont have access to the nktes of books I submitted myself.

That makes Zero sense.  So you have to pay to know why the gave you the grade???

I've been checking graders notes on CGC graded books that I see in auctions- this whole time I thought it was free, even though I had to enter my credit card number each time.  I believe I was checking my statement at first, and didn't see any charges... this was about 3 years ago.  So has it always been this way or was the policy changed in the past 3 years?

8 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

I've been checking graders notes on CGC graded books that I see in auctions- this whole time I thought it was free, even though I had to enter my credit card number each time.  I believe I was checking my statement at first, and didn't see any charges... this was about 3 years ago.  So has it always been this way or was the policy changed in the past 3 years?

Here are the membership levels and what you get.   All paid levels allow you to get free notes fo your own submissions.  Elite members get 20% off all notes - that is what is under the exclusive offers and benefits.

1611428066_FireShotCapture278-FrequentlyAskedQuestions-CGC-www.cgccomics_com.thumb.png.1db468f0291acf6be5f02d1376aefc5c.png

7 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

So what did you think was the purpose of entering your credit card info?

Hey I'm freaking stupid ok?  You gotta problem with that???? Ha ha.  Like I said, at first I was looking for charges and didn't see any, so I assumed CGC voided the charge once their system recognize I was a member.   I guess I missed the charges?  Too lazy to pull out the old tax records...

18 minutes ago, telerites said:

Here are the membership levels and what you get.   All paid levels allow you to get free notes fo your own submissions.  Elite members get 20% off all notes - that is what is under the exclusive offers and benefits.

1611428066_FireShotCapture278-FrequentlyAskedQuestions-CGC-www.cgccomics_com.thumb.png.1db468f0291acf6be5f02d1376aefc5c.png

Thanks, got it.  I was wondering if the benefits for each tier had changed in the past 3 years, I could definitely be wrong, but I thought the notes were free.  Thanks for the info though!

44 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Thanks, got it.  I was wondering if the benefits for each tier had changed in the past 3 years, I could definitely be wrong, but I thought the notes were free.  Thanks for the info though!

I do wish CGC were more like CBCS in terms of transparency and availability of grader notes, but I prefer CGC in every other way, so that's just the cost.

You used to be able to call CGC and request grader notes for up to three books at a time...this stopped around 2013 (I think) when they decided to charge for grader notes and implemented the online process.

I wish they had a membership option that provided free grader notes across the board...