• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current Delays in USPS Shipping?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

I have two packages of comics won on eBay currently being shipped from the sellers in the US to me in Canada.  Both packages have tracking, and both seem to be stalled within the US.  I am wondering is anyone else having similar shipping delays?

Package 1 entered the USPS tracking system on May 18 in Bonita, was in San Diego May 19, and LA on May 20. So far so good.  Then a month of no updates.  On June 23 the package was “processed through LA”.  And now July 3, the exact same entry “processed through LA.”

Package 2 entered the USPS tracking system on June 23 in Babylon NY.  By June 27 it was in Jamaica NY, and no updates since. 

Are the rest of you seeing similar mail “parked” in USPS hands?  I can totally understand if shipments are slower due to COVID, but I don’t understand no movement at all.  Thanks in advance for any input.

USPS packages have been slow as heck for me that last few weeks, especially ones coming from the east coast. I had one package not move, or at least have no updates on the tracking, for ten days. It just sat in New York for all the time for some reason until finally moving. I have one right now that has been going back and forth between New Jersey and Massachusetts three times over the last week, it's like stuck in a loop between these sorting centers. Then I had a package from Florida get to me in three days in between all that. I have no idea what the deal is.

3 hours ago, Phicks said:

I have two packages of comics won on eBay currently being shipped from the sellers in the US to me in Canada.  Both packages have tracking, and both seem to be stalled within the US.  I am wondering is anyone else having similar shipping delays?

Package 1 entered the USPS tracking system on May 18 in Bonita, was in San Diego May 19, and LA on May 20. So far so good.  Then a month of no updates.  On June 23 the package was “processed through LA”.  And now July 3, the exact same entry “processed through LA.”

Package 2 entered the USPS tracking system on June 23 in Babylon NY.  By June 27 it was in Jamaica NY, and no updates since. 

Are the rest of you seeing similar mail “parked” in USPS hands?  I can totally understand if shipments are slower due to COVID, but I don’t understand no movement at all.  Thanks in advance for any input.

its slow  Especially NYC and NJ.  I have Priority Mail hit NJ and then spend several days (and sometimes a week or more) getting to me (in NJ).  What is it doing? No one knows.

Edited by Poekaymon

These shipping delays are the new normal.   Jamaica, NY and Chicago, Il are the most delayed from my experience.  Packages hitting these customs and border depots are behind as much as 8 weeks and sometimes the tracking is never updated.  I've had packages still showing stuck in Jamaica, NY with no updates and the package suddenly appears at my door by Canada Post.

I bought something from Bayside NY and I live in central CT. I could drive to Bayside in just over an hour and a half. (sans traffic issues)

My package went from Bayside NY to the Jersey City NJ dist center.
It sat there for about 3 1/2 days.
It then took three days (three days!!) to travel from the dist center in Jersey City to the Springfield Mass dist center. (did they send it by horse and buggy?) 
Bear in mind to travel from Jersey City to Springfield Mass, the package bypassed my local post office and in fact bypassed CT entirely lol 
It then went from the Springfield Mass dist center to the Southern Connecticut dist center (which is south of where I live so the package went right by me and once again bypassed my local PO)
From the Southern Connecticut dist center it made it's way to my PO and then to my doorstep

This all took 10 days. Like I said, I could have driven to the package starting point in about an hour and a half but USPS took 10 days to deliver it to my house. I think they could benefit from embracing LEAN concepts.

Edited by Jeffro.

yeah its been awfully slow, i had 3 packages that i shipped to customers just say 'in transit' for ages. but if you start an 'inquiry' on usps website, it seems to help. two of my packages turned up very quickly after i did that. if shipping valuable comics, i'd opt for fedex right now.

I won't use USPS right now to send anything of value. While I haven't had anything lost - yet - I've endured some abysmally long delays also, and have two Ebay packages headed to me that are each a week+ late.

I know that people like to slam FedEx, here and elsewhere, but right now they seem to be the way to go. I sent a long box by GROUND on Friday afternoon from my location in Georgia to Lone Star, and it was within an hour or so of Arlington by yesterday evening. It likely wouldn't have left the post office yet if I'd gone with USPS (and it was only $27 to ship to boot, for a 29 pound partially-full long box). 

fedex.png

Edited by jaxcomics

I had a shipment with two books leave from eastern PA on June 2nd, going to Ann Arbor. It went to New Jersey, and never updated. I asked my local post office, and they couldn't see anything more than I could on tracking. I opened a case, and eBay refunded me. No response from the seller when I asked him to try to check locally. Looks like he didn't respond to eBay either, even though he had a tracking number.