• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FREE Masks for kids Size Large Added (for ages 19 and under.)Avengers, Spidey, Harry Potter, Adventures of Zelda and more
3 3

275 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

Sharon, you are incredible!!!!!!!! These are great!!!! I just brought one of my students and my son a character mask, and I could say with utmost certainty that these masks make mask wearing a lot more fun for children!

Thanks, Dan...I'm going to be listing at least 30 more in the next two weeks (because we have some really nice boarders) so please come back and pick out one for your son (and a student)

I want to thank everyone for participating. I had originally planned to list the adult masks in mixed  to let other people join in and help  finance the kids ones, but I had 3 parents want to help others last night and between those and a very generous donation, plus the sell out of the adult masks, so I'm just going to be listing kids masks for the next week or so.

I am also changing the rules, since it we are talking about kids and kids need to switch off, it makes more sense to send 2 each at once instead of mailing separately. 

So, it's now 2 per child of a boarder, or grandchild of a boarder and I'm sending out 2 per each child to everyone who took masks yesterday..

Someone suggested Minions and donated the funds to buy a yard of material, so I ordered Minions last night and we will have Minions after I pick up the material.

I will have more tomorrow night at 8pm, EST.  I should have at least another 10, maybe more. Someone suggested Avengers, so I'll try to do some of those. I have Frozen material cut,Mickey Mouse,  more Minecraft, more princesses, Cars (I tend to think like a girl, so I'm trying to figure out boy ones) more Harry Potter.

I have Milo Morales on on order, if I get more of that I will have some of those later in the week. I also have Peanuts.  I ordered some JLA material last week, when it comes I'll have those.

I will take suggestions, but I can't make things to order it's more efficient for me to use the same thread color in batches.

Edited by skypinkblu

I got a question about shipping to Canada. I wrote it all out, so I'll post it here.  I'm happy to send to Canada, but it's a little more convoluted than it is here. Average shipping here, has been running around $3.50. I ship first class package in the U.S.

To ship to Canada is a lot more expensive of course.

I can send them in an envelope, but you can't send a rigid envelope or have it  vary more than 1/4 inch or it's considered a package. I had bubble mailers for the US that I bought and there was more than a 1/4 inch variance and it's considered a "package" which is fine for the U.S.  So when I shipped some full size ones to Canada a few weeks ago, the cost was just under $12 for up to 6 ounces,which meant at least 3 masks. I bought some envelopes that are like backing boards, but I'm not sure if they will be considered rigid. If it's rigid then it counts as a package. It's less to mail an "envelope" but I'm not sure if these will be accepted as envelopes.

If you want to be sure, then I'll send them as a package and your part of the shipping would be $9 for up to 3, maybe 4. If you want me to try to send them as an envelope, I'll be happy to, I think it's a lot less, but I'm not sure if it will work. 

Edited by skypinkblu

My hat tipped off on you, Sharon! This is a great community gesture you did for the kids! If I had a kid, I would have go for 2 masks to give ... unfortunately I don’t have children of my own. Um, a few of my friends have children or grandchildren, so I might ask them about that.

On the topic of shipping to Canada. Sharon is correct that it is bit expensive to mail masks (or comics for the matters). Part of the reason is because the border is closed on both sides until July 21st as agreed with both governments. I would have drove to pick up parcels over the border to save some $$, but as it is considered non-essential...I’m blocked out. At the moment, the close of the border could be extended longer if deemed necessary by Canadian government due to the rising trend in U.S. COVID crisis.

For now, shipping to Canada is the only option.

Back to the topic ... let’s keep the children safe with the fun masks on!  🤩

Just met a really nice newer boarder, so I changed the participation date to June 19 or before. 

The date is really just so I don't have people showing up from other social media sites signing up and crowding out people who have been here and participating.

Please note, there is a soft sliding adjuster button on the elastic. For any child under 3, I would strongly suggest marking the place where it fits properly, hand stitching it there and removing the button.

20200707_095217.thumb.jpg.93b36c7d0dc6594f577ab8efbd818993.jpgMickey Mouse with Minnie. (Blue Mickey)

There are 3 2 of these, all size small, I'm just taking a picture of one, they are pretty much the same. I'll have to add the picture of the material later.

Material before it was finished.

1 Mickey Minnie to Jonathan 78

1 Mickey Minnie to KCOComics

1 Mickey Minnie to Tofer118

20200707_190236.thumb.jpg.a39170b4ee52b7d1e27fb6d6f29b5f55.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu