• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED & SOLD

8 posts in this topic

:hi:

I've been buying and selling on the forums since 2013 ish, just not as much since the board redesign migration - see kudos link in my signature. 

Shipping to the USA with Priority Mail is included at no additional cost. No international shipping at this time. 

Payment via PayPal only, due within 24 hours of claiming. 

No people on any Hall of Shame or Probation Lists. I reserve the right to not sell to anyone I do not feel comfortable selling too - whether they be on a list, they have a poor reputation of not paying, etc. This has never had to happen so far, but just a friendly note to cover myself.

No returns unless I happen to have missed something, and we can work it out. I don't foresee that happening but I try to be easy to work with and practice the Golden Rule in general. 

First  :takeit: posted in the thread by timestamp claims an item. 

Enough of the fine print...

Edited by Rhymenoceros
SOLD

You don't see a full set of 6 like this very often. Each book is contained in a stamp size mylar pouch, attached with archival photo-rated mounting squares onto to a Silver size 60pt ComicProLine clear backer board so both sides are easily viewable. The set was then placed inside a Silver Age Mylites 2, and finally into a Golden Age toploader with a dust protector on the top edge. Probably the closest thing you're going to see to a CGC Slab of the full set at one time.

Sorry for the weird reflections in the photo. See scans for more detail. 

More info:
https://taint-the-meat.com/2017/01/16/marvel-mini-books/

All books appear to be unread/unopened. The lime green copy appears to have a small bit of overspray on the right edge. The bindings are known to be very fragile and well-loved and these are very nice copies. I recently sold a set of the Spider-man and a set of the Sgt. Fury mini books here on the boards. If you need a reference for those about the quality of the presentation or the books, just let me know and I'll put you in touch with the boardie who purchased them (if after contacting him he's OK with it). 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

SOLD

20200706_110252.jpg

20200706_110313.jpg

ThorSet_F.jpeg

ThorSet_B.jpeg

Edited by Rhymenoceros

22 minutes ago, Rhymenoceros said:

You don't see a full set of 6 like this very often. Each book is contained in a stamp size mylar pouch, attached with archival photo-rated mounting squares onto to a Silver size 60pt ComicProLine clear backer board so both sides are easily viewable. The set was then placed inside a Silver Age Mylites 2, and finally into a Golden Age toploader with a dust protector on the top edge. Probably the closest thing you're going to see to a CGC Slab of the full set at one time.

Sorry for the weird reflections in the photo. See scans for more detail. 

More info:
https://taint-the-meat.com/2017/01/16/marvel-mini-books/

All books appear to be unread/unopened. The lime green copy appears to have a small bit of overspray on the right edge. The bindings are known to be very fragile and well-loved and these are very nice copies. I recently sold a set of the Spider-man and a set of the Sgt. Fury mini books here on the boards. If you need a reference for those about the quality of the presentation or the books, just let me know and I'll put you in touch with the boardie who purchased them (if after contacting him he's OK with it). 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

$325 shipped for the set

20200706_110252.jpg

20200706_110313.jpg

ThorSet_F.jpeg

ThorSet_B.jpeg

Take it

50 minutes ago, Jginsberg79 said:

That's an awesome get. Sad you beat me to it! I also never knew I needed this but...well now I need this lol.

I've seen it change hands once before and swore I wouldn't miss it again haha