• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submissions for Signatures and Remarque Denied

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I am new to the whole shipping books for signature events.

After shipping some books off and reading some forums, I realized I did not ship them in windowed bags.  I had some raw books and some already slabbed books.

Has anyone experienced their submissions being denied because they weren't shipped in windowed bags? 

I'm curious because I really would like the autographs.

I'm shocked CGC doesn't have an official video showing how to submit windowed bags RAW and slabbed.

Thanks

That makes me feel a bit better.  I'm not too picky on where the autographs go TBH.

The only reason I asked was because I had read somewhere that if they weren't in "windowed bags" They were dismissed.

I also didn't specify what I wanted for a Remarque.  I requested that the artist choose so that I am surprised when they come.

Thanks for the reply

This is not what CGC says will happen

Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.

I watched all of the videos they have posted and have not seen a single non-windowed comic signed. 

Edited by thesink

1 hour ago, bobotski said:

Window bagging is optional. If it wasn't "windowed", signers will sign anywhere they wish. You should still be good.

This is not true for the CGC signature events

Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8236/clayton-crain-signature-event/

1 hour ago, BLofthouse-Aldi said:

Hello everyone, I am new to the whole shipping books for signature events.

After shipping some books off and reading some forums, I realized I did not ship them in windowed bags.  I had some raw books and some already slabbed books.

Has anyone experienced their submissions being denied because they weren't shipped in windowed bags? 

I'm curious because I really would like the autographs.

I'm shocked CGC doesn't have an official video showing how to submit windowed bags RAW and slabbed.

Thanks

You should contact CGC directly to figure out what to do, since they list in the instructions that all raw books should be in window bags.
Here is a link to make the window bags. 

Good luck!

20 hours ago, Avi said:

This is not true for the CGC signature events

Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8236/clayton-crain-signature-event/

You should contact CGC directly to figure out what to do, since they list in the instructions that all raw books should be in window bags.
Here is a link to make the window bags. 

Good luck!

When I called them for the McFarlane signing they said they would do it themselves for $5 a book.  I did not send my books in window bags for the CGC Private Signing.  CGC took care of it.  I paid them an extra $15 for my three books.  All went well and Todd signed them. 

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

When I called them for the McFarlane signing they said they would do it themselves for $5 a book.  I did not send my books in window bags for the CGC Private Signing.  CGC took care of it.  I paid them an extra $15 for my three books.  All went well and Todd signed them. 

I have done the same with good results. I sent in graded books and then cracked and bagged them for me. Sending in at least 3 more for the Young signing and fully expect more good results at this point.

15 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

1 minute ago, Gator Guru said:

I have done the same with good results. I sent in graded books and then cracked and bagged them for me. Sending in at least 3 more for the Young signing and fully expect more good results at this point.

Exactly, I should have added to my original post that they do even want people creating their own window bags for yellow label books because the second you crack the slab the SS label is negated. 

18 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Exactly, I should have added to my original post that they do even want people creating their own window bags for yellow label books because the second you crack the slab the SS label is negated. 

Good point! I assumed the OP was referring to the window bags for the RAW books only. In the instructions CGC says they will crack and bag already graded books for $5 each.
Did you send in raw books? or were they already slabbed?

5 minutes ago, Avi said:

Good point! I assumed the OP was referring to the window bags for the RAW books only. In the instructions CGC says they will crack and bag already graded books for $5 each.
Did you send in raw books? or were they already slabbed?

They were already slabbed but were blue labels.  I prefer to have them crack books.   I had asked about raw books as there was one raw copy I was planning on sending down as well.  They told me over the phone that it would be treated like a slabbed book and that they would process it / window bag it for the $5.  Another board member, Seanfingh had told me that guys like McFarlane know where to sign though so it would not be a problem. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

They were already slabbed but were blue labels.  I prefer to have them crack books.   I had asked about raw books as there was one raw copy I was planning on sending down as well.  They told me over the phone that it would be treated like a slabbed book and that they would process it / window bag it for the $5.  Another board member, Seanfingh had told me that guys like McFarlane know where to sign though so it would not be a problem. 

So it seems like the rules are

Send in a RAW book with a window bag. OR pay $5 for CGC to use one.
Send in a slabbed book and pay $5 for CGC to crack and bag it.

Ive seen these guys sign at events and the bag/boards are more for comic protection than to tell them where to sign.

18 minutes ago, Avi said:

So it seems like the rules are

Send in a RAW book with a window bag. OR pay $5 for CGC to use one.
Send in a slabbed book and pay $5 for CGC to crack and bag it.

Ive seen these guys sign at events and the bag/boards are more for comic protection than to tell them where to sign.

Pretty much... but I would always suggest calling to see what they are doing for each event.  Some things might have changed since McFarlane.  The only signing opportunity that I am considering taking part of is the Skottie Young event.  With that said, I would consider the remarque.  Now, since the remarque is character general but not pose specific, it is left to Young to decide exactly how he wants to draw and pose the character on the cover of what you are sending him.  For something like that,  I want Young to decide where he wants to work.   If I take part in that, I will not be sending down the book in a window bag.   

At least that is my reasoning. 

Edited by Buzzetta