• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is the X-Men's 2nd greatest villain?
1 1

61 posts in this topic

On 7/6/2020 at 3:29 PM, Old_Man_Adam said:

In all seriousness I truly believe Sentinels ... Juggernaut and Sabretooth are solid but most of their villains end up becoming team members over time ( Fantomex is a sentinel ) which makes the argument for Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse stronger 

Well, currently Apocolypse and Sinister are both hanging out on Krakoa with the X-Men. I don't know if they are X-Men, but they are definitely X-Men adjacent.   

Also, stemming from the current run, I'm going to stake my claim thusly:  The X-Men's second greatest villain is... plants!

seriously though its sentinels 

On 7/6/2020 at 8:21 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Man and the Sentinels makes the most  sense, 

Cassandra Nova hijacked control of some Sentinels to destroy Genosha and kill 16 million mutants.

Up there with the Days of Future Past genocide but in Earth 616 continuity, unless that was altered by Secret Wars.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Magneto is definitely #2. Great character, powerful, longevity. Hes got it.

Of course the Sentinels are #1.  As a creation of the sixties the X-men have always been a proxy for race relations and other cultural Strife in our nation. The Sentinels are the personification of this struggle with regular humanity. For me they have always represented the greatest villain or threat that the X-Men and mutants face.

Magneto 1

Apocalypse 2

Sentinels 3

Dark phoenix 4

Sinister 5

Juggernaut is just a big nuissance to the team. Hes not on the level of these others. Great villain too tho, love my x12. 

I would argue Humans and by extension Sentinels are the teams greatest villain. After all Magneto did join the team at some point and even took over. 

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

My argument against Sentinels being #2 is this: They aren't sentient.

I don't think "Humans" can be #2, either, because not all humans are anti-mutant.

2c

That’s why I suggested Cassandra Nova. Neither human nor mutant in origin, used the Sentinels to kill 16 million mutants in one go, something that baseline humans never achieved with that rapidity.

3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Brotherhood of Mutants has been mentioned.

I'm referring specifically to her 'no more mutants' hex. The House of M 'event.' She was more of a crazy person than villain though.