• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is the X-Men's 2nd greatest villain?
1 1

61 posts in this topic

The Sentinels. Visually striking, and from a character perspective they represent the scariest parts of the "world that hates and fears them" aspect of the X-Men mythos. Plus they're the only characters that the X-Men can truly unleash their powers on, storywise. If you let Wolverine do his thing against every bad guy that showed up, they'd all be butchered in seconds, so there always has to be some lame reason why the X-Men aren't at their full strength, are taken out of the fight, etc. With the Sentinels you can let Colossus bash away, Wolvie slice things to shreds, etc without any concerns about the violence.

28 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

The Sentinels. Visually striking, and from a character perspective they represent the scariest parts of the "world that hates and fears them" aspect of the X-Men mythos. Plus they're the only characters that the X-Men can truly unleash their powers on, storywise. If you let Wolverine do his thing against every bad guy that showed up, they'd all be butchered in seconds, so there always has to be some lame reason why the X-Men aren't at their full strength, are taken out of the fight, etc. With the Sentinels you can let Colossus bash away, Wolvie slice things to shreds, etc without any concerns about the violence.

And of course one of the greatest combos ever ... 

image.png

i don't count the Sentinels as characters. They are tools sent by characters. At least in the comics I read back in the day. Maybe that is a technicality but a character should be able to change and display growth which I never felt the Sentinels were capable of. So they are not villains in my mind, just weapons.

Edited by Bird

3 hours ago, Bird said:

i don't count the Sentinels as characters. They are tools sent by characters. At least in the comics I read back in the day. Maybe that is a technicality but a character should be able to change and display growth which I never felt the Sentinels were capable of. So they are not villains in my mind, just weapons.

Tell that to Mastermind... lol