• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed!
10 10

2,444 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

Included with this sale is this original one of a kind NFT O.o

mortal kombat cake GIF

How long did it take you to create that clip? :makepoint::roflmao:

Mortal Kombat #0.  Difficult to find, this copy was never read.  It includes four new stories, an interview with John Tobias, and a cover gallery.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint minus condition, or better.  There is very light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/tics that barely break the ink.  A press may improve the grade of this book…in my opinion.

$125 OR BEST OFFER, FREE SHIPPING  SOLD

Edited by Galen130

2 hours ago, Galen130 said:

Mortal Kombat & Bruce Lee #1, Italian edition.  The cardstock cover is a photomontage made in Italy showing Bruce Lee posing ‘plastic’ in front of the Mortal Kombat symbol.  The comic introduces characters who have never appeared in the video game; Lance, Grum, Hydro and Siang.  These characters were created by John Tobias, supervisor of this issue of the series, and one of the game's programmers.  I picked up this copy off a news stand in Naples, Italy because it was the only one.  I just had to have it!!!

Honestly, this one was a bit difficult for me to grade, but I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition...or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners.  The sizeable spine creases are pretty evident, especially on the front cover, but the most color-breakage is right at the spine.  The largest creases on the front cover did form indentations on the next 8 to 10 pages or so, but they the ink isn’t broken.  The back cover has very light ink transfer here and there, probably from stacking or display on the news stand.  Very glossy though, and the interior pages look fantastic.

$10, FREE SHIPPING

20210331_122524.jpg

20210331_122531.jpg

20210331_122540.jpg

20210331_122556.jpg

20210331_122617.jpg

20210331_122626.jpg

:takeit:

7 hours ago, Galen130 said:

Mortal Kombat: Blood and Thunder #1, standard cover #1.  Based on the hit arcade video game, this issue is #1 of a 6-issue limited series.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint minus condition, or better.  This comic shows light wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as one or two spine stress creases/tics that barely break the ink.  The upper right corner of the front cover has a very small bend that doesn’t break the ink.  I believe this can be pressed out.

$35, FREE SHIPPING

20210331_122933.jpg

20210331_122941.jpg

20210331_122948.jpg

Gold foil edition copy of Mortal Kombat: Blood and Thunder #1.  This variant cardstock cover is difficult to find, and this copy was never read.  Based on the hit arcade video game, this issue is #1 of a 6-issue limited series.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better (very tempting to give is a NM- estimate).  There is imperceptible blunting on the spine corners, as well as one or two spine stress creases/tics that may or may not break the ink.  There appear to be a small number of spine tics, but most of them are raised and non-color breaking.  This leads me to believe it’s from the production process.  There are very light, almost imperceptible, cosmetic scratches running vertically, but there is a small area of horizontal cosmetic scratches on the front cover near the spine’s center (see picture).  There are a couple copies like this sold on eBay that looked a bit worse, but I’d like to think I’m conservative on the grade estimate for this copy.

$100 OR BEST OFFER, FREE SHIPPING

20210331_123134.jpg

20210331_123210.jpg

20210331_123217.jpg

20210331_123239.jpg

20210331_123245.jpg

Mortal Kombat: Blood and Thunder #1, standard cover #2.  Based on the hit arcade video game, this issue is #1 of a 6-issue limited series.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  This comic shows light wear along the top of the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a couple spine stress creases/tics that barely break the ink.  The top spine corner of the front cover shows a bend that translates through the whole book…and barely breaks the ink on the front.  I believe the bend can be pressed out.  The front cover also shows very light ink rubs near the staples.

$10, FREE SHIPPING

20210331_122756.jpg

20210331_122809.jpg

20210331_122821.jpg

20210331_122834.jpg

20210331_122842.jpg

20210331_122913.jpg

I'll take these if they are still available...

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

7 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

I'll take these if they are still available...

^^ x 3.  They are available.  Nice grabs!!!

Hello again, everyone!!!  Thanks so much my fellow boardies/collector's who've already grabbed some MK books.  I will be adding more to the thread, but a bit later in the day.  I've got a few different projects going on, so I'm trying to prioritize.  As long as my work phone doesn't ring, all will go as planned.  Doggone it, I just jinxed myself....:fear:

I had to edit this because CGC doesn't allow the word c.r.a.p. :facepalm:

Edited by Galen130

Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition #1.  This book is a 64-page special, based on the MK characters by John Tobias and Ed Boon.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows light wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/tics that very lightly break the ink.  The bottom edge of the back cover shows abrasions/color loss scattered along that edge.  I have no idea how this happened, or if it’s a production issue.  I think graded this one a bit harshly because of that.  Otherwise, this book would probably NM-, or better.  IMO.

$15, FREE SHIPPING  SOLD

Edited by Galen130

3 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition #1.  This book is a 64-page special, based on the MK characters by John Tobias and Ed Boon.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows light wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/tics that very lightly break the ink.  The bottom edge of the back cover shows abrasions/color loss scattered along that edge.  I have no idea how this happened, or if it’s a production issue.  I think graded this one a bit harshly because of that.  Otherwise, this book would probably NM-, or better.  IMO.

$15, FREE SHIPPING

20210331_125146.jpg

20210331_125154.jpg

20210331_125202.jpg

20210331_125211.jpg

I’ll take it. 

I could’ve bought some OA to this years ago for cheap- Ahhhh 

Mortal Kombat: Baraka #1.  This book is one-shot story, based on the MK character by John Tobias and Ed Boon.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as one or two spine stress creases/tics that barely break the ink.  The top center of the front cover’s page edge shows a small spot of discoloration, which appears to be a production issue.  Or it could be a dirty spot.

$25, FREE SHIPPING  SOLD

Edited by Galen130

Mortal Kombat: Goro, Prince of Pain #1 to #3, limited series.  Again, another comic series based on MK characters created by John Tobias and Ed Boon.

Photos shown are of the actual items!!! I do have more pics of each individual copy.  Please PM me if you'd like to see any of them.  Feel free to PM me with any offers.

ALL THREE SOLD!!!

Edited by Galen130

1 hour ago, Galen130 said:

Mortal Kombat: Baraka #1.  This book is one-shot story, based on the MK character by John Tobias and Ed Boon.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as one or two spine stress creases/tics that barely break the ink.  The top center of the front cover’s page edge shows a small spot of discoloration, which appears to be a production issue.  Or it could be a dirty spot.

$25, FREE SHIPPING

20210331_125319.jpg

20210331_125329.jpg

20210331_125337.jpg

20210331_125347.jpg

I’ll take it per pm 

Back Forward Down Forward Low Punch- Yeah baby!! 

Mortal Kombat: Kitana and Mileena #1.  This book is one-shot story, based on the MK characters by John Tobias and Ed Boon.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as one or two spine stress creases/tics that barely break the ink.  The bottom page corner of the whole book has a small, slight bend that doesn’t break the ink.  I believe this can be pressed out.

$40, FREE SHIPPING  SOLD

Edited by Galen130