• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Trading Cards is Here!
4 4

58 posts in this topic

• Administrator

CGC Trading Cards is here! The latest division of the Certified Collectibles Group will authenticate, grade and encapsulate Pokémon TCG and Magic: The Gathering cards. Check out our launch video and visit CGCcards.com to learn more!

Follow @CGCCards Instagram and Twitter and @CGCcard on Facebook

17 minutes ago, Brittany M. said:

CGC Trading Cards is here! The latest division of the Certified Collectibles Group will authenticate, grade and encapsulate Pokémon TCG and Magic: The Gathering cards. Check out our launch video and visit CGCcards.com to learn more!

Follow @CGCCards Instagram and Twitter and @CGCcard on Facebook

How come we can't like your post?

12 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

I'm praying they'll recognise Pokemon's Base 2000 set ~

But will they grade boxing and other sports cards?

There's boxing cards? Is anybody valuable ... like maybe Boom Boom Mancini?

2 minutes ago, Gaard said:

There's boxing cards? Is anybody valuable ... like maybe Boom Boom Mancini?

Sure are haha ~ Check out some of the Topps cards ~

Edited by Bart Allen

32 minutes ago, BM Cruz said:

What about Sportscards?!?! PSA needs a quality competitor...Beckett isn’t cutting it. 

$922,500 for (BGS9.5) 2009 Mike Trout RED Refractor & $1 Million+ for (BGS9.5) 2003-04 Lebron James Exquisite (ERP) Auto Jersey.

Highest priced modern Baseball card & highest priced (vintage/modern) Basketball card. 

PSA & BGS is enough for Sports cards

Edited by Chaos_in_Canada

27 minutes ago, electricprune said:

I haven’t seen the back of the flip yet, but the front doesn’t appear to have a serial number for registry sets.

Pause the video at 0:50, you can see the serial number.

I too am curious about this as others have mentioned. What all type of cards may be submitted ? What are the size restrictions? Small vintage. Tall or Wide? Also how well the market will pay for these. Even now the market varies widely for each type ( sport, non sport, vintage, playing) and which service is used (BGS & PSA ).

I had too hoped they wouldn't just charge along the same lines as others considering they are new to cards and unproven as far as return on value. They also have not stated how they will treat restored, trimmed, or counterfeit cards.

I do think adding a fee for error cards is excessive. They definitely should have a registry as PSA offers this and not having one at release is a big deterrent considering they have it for the comics. 

Although I forsee them adding Signature Series and Special Labels before they add most of these things we have already mentioned being issues as like the fee for an error card they can make more money quicker.

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

1 hour ago, Drahcirh said:

I was kind of hoping CGC wouldn't adopt the 50 card bulk minimum requirement that the big two card graders had.

That would have made them way more competitive and I probably would have taken a chance with it.

$8 a card without that requirement would have been the power move imo.

Yeah. Was disappointed at the requirement. How does the single card compare to psa ? Don't wanna make an account just to check price