• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Labels

11 posts in this topic

Saw this on ebay, looks cool. Heard that they were given out by distributors. Think it will be a regular mainstay? So far I've seen a blue label Batman and a Harley Quinn.

image.png.bf89a692e2365708a9c7f70a32711292.png

** photo credit to seller :)

Edited by bobotski

I think it looks cool. We are living out the evolution of comic book collecting. Custom labels are not going away; quite the opposite. I see small premiums being paid for low end books with custom labels.  CGC is nailing it on this one. 
Personally I feel I am becoming old school in preferring the book gets the attention over the label, but I’m not going to dislike the practice. 
I think ASM 300 with a Venom label works well considering Venom isn’t on the cover but gets 1st full appearance.

If I see a ‘tec27 with a Batman custom label it’ll look tacky and not add anything positive. So there’s two extreme examples pro and con, then there’s everything else in between.
My next batch of moderns to get graded are going to be full of custom Marvel labels, because I see resale values increased more so than cost of the label.

My guess is they want to distinguish this from "fake" DCs? :idea:

Interestingly enough, it doesn't register when you lookup the certification label. Perhaps an oddball variant like the red Wizard labels they came up a couple of years ago. May appeal to label completists, but otherwise doesn't really add value.

image.png.e878d093c6d4a0035c2f8fc74dcee0c3.png