• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Aliens Nominated to the Hall of Shame - Poll Included
3 3

Should Alien be in the CGC Hall of Shame  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Should Alien be in the CGC Hall of Shame

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/25/2021 at 11:14 PM

89 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Did he ever post photos to prove that he actually smudged out those forgeries, as he claimed to have done?  It certainly won’t save him from the hall, but for his sake it would at least be a small initial step towards reputation rehab.  Assuming he even desires that of course, there’s a whole lot of attempted rear end covering going on from his side.

Who knows, maybe the self-imposed banning request is just a noble gesture on his part, but I highly doubt it.

20 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Yes.  In the general discussion thread.  

I don't know enough about photoshopping a photo and assume he did this but when I look at this one, the bottom sig is not mucked up but hidden in a way.  Am I looking at this incorrectly?

spdt.jpeg.21c0ae0f7b3b76953c2a1eb582680bb0.jpeg

Edited by telerites

4 minutes ago, telerites said:

I don't know enough about photoshopping a photo and assume he did this but when I look at this one, the bottom sig is not mucked up but hidden in a way.  Am I looking at this incorrectly?

spdt.jpeg.21c0ae0f7b3b76953c2a1eb582680bb0.jpeg

Thanks for posting that, and my immediate reaction agrees with your assessment - photoshop. 

15 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Thanks for posting that, and my immediate reaction agrees with your assessment - photoshop. 

There are other pictures he posted but I pulled this one because it looked odd.

I guess this is now public so I will get ahead of it.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/12311/page/1/recall-the-ditko-package-on-sale-here-last-year-seller-forged-sigs--cgc/

When Mr Sigs alerted us over here that he was trying to sell Ditko stuff last year, I made sure that the admin over there was aware of what he did here and sent them links to everything.  They also looked into things and have banned him for life over there.   This was especially concerning when he had submitted books through their verification system.

As I explained to @Poekaymon and judging by the poll results so far, this is one of those cardinal sins in this hobby. 

Edited by Buzzetta

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I guess this is now public so I will get ahead of it.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/12311/page/1/recall-the-ditko-package-on-sale-here-last-year-seller-forged-sigs--cgc/

When Mr Sigs alerted us over here that he was trying to sell Ditko stuff last year, I made sure that the admin over there was aware of what he did here and sent them links to everything.  They also looked into things and have banned him for life over there.   This was especially concerning when he had submitted books through their verification system.

As I explained to @Poekaymon and judging by the poll results so far, this is one of those cardinal sins in this hobby. 

I was afraid this individual was pulling this stunt in other venues.  That is indeed unfortunate.  They have marked themselves now.  Gonna be hard to find somewhere legit to pull this stunt again.

1.  He committed acts that were HoS worthy.  He should be banned.

2.  He asked to be banned.

3.  Therefore, there can be no other conclusion than that he should be banned.

How much other fake stuff of his is floating around?????

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Bingo! This is the cardinal sin!  Aside from the obvious dishonesty, he's defacing SA books.... first by writing on it,  then by using a sharpy to "correct" his forgery. 

I'm not big on public shaming,  and I do think the no votes should be protected. That said,  it would be nice to learn his name and Ebay name.  Aside from raising awareness here,  there is really no way of stopping him from doing this elsewhere. He can forge other signatures and list them Ebay with no recourse. 

Also, it's probably worth noting the Stan Lee signature was also a fake.  I'm assuming this because he used a sharpy to remove it. I'm not sure that has been explicitly called out. It looks like allot of practice went into nailing that signature. 

1 hour ago, KCOComics said:

Bingo! This is the cardinal sin!  Aside from the obvious dishonesty, he's defacing SA books.... first by writing on it,  then by using a sharpy to "correct" his forgery. 

I'm not big on public shaming,  and I do think the no votes should be protected. That said,  it would be nice to learn his name and Ebay name.  Aside from raising awareness here,  there is really no way of stopping him from doing this elsewhere. He can forge other signatures and list them Ebay with no recourse. 

Also, it's probably worth noting the Stan Lee signature was also a fake.  I'm assuming this because he used a sharpy to remove it. I'm not sure that has been explicitly called out. It looks like allot of practice went into nailing that signature. 

There are two people here that know his name but they have not said anything.

On 7/7/2020 at 3:46 PM, Poekaymon said:

Can't say I am a fan of a public lynching, speaking as someone who has recently been lynched, and if you were to post a similar poll about me right now, I'm not sure I'd survive.

He is definitely suspect and his name needs to go somewhere.  As you said I'm new, but I think you have a probation list as well.  So if he admitted fault and refunded everyone, maybe you could put him on that and give him a chance to change.

If you're referring to your thread about creating rules to prevent selling overpriced books on the boards I think you misread us.  There was pretty well universal disagreement with your idea but that doesn't translate to HOS or PL votes towards you or diminish your value as a board member.  

Below is what he sent me when trying to get me to go through with a scam that would have resulted in me losing thousands of dollars.  I cannot post screen shots as he deleted the text from our PMs (which is extra shady), but I did save the text.  I was skeptical from the beginning but his response to me asking about the return policy if they were deemed not authentic was when I knew something was up:

"Thank you once again for the compliment, I think they are too.

I have looked over them for many years and am convinced they are authentic, but I did not personally witness them get signed, as I said in the description, I purchased them many years ago from a trusted antiquarian dealer, so my own convincing opinion and honor on that can really only go so far. I hope you understand. Now, on the returning, if this was any other time I would say yes, but with the virus (the reason why, alas, I am letting them go) all the money collected from these sales are going strait to benefitting my current, rather "tragic" situation, and thus getting money back to anyone would be tough. 

I would really say look at the signatures carefully and study them well, and be certain before you do anything. I do not want anyone to be unhappy with this, and god forbid, if any company states them not to be authentic, I would be utterly stabbed with pain. You have the reputation of my honor and dignity on them being authentic, but of course, once again, that only goes so far. 

It is a tricky business, but if you feel confident I hope I can get them to someone who would, indeed, hold it as a "center" piece, as I believe it deserves that very much so, as they are very, very special.

Once again thank you for the interest.

Cordially yours, Vincent"