• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Aliens Nominated to the Hall of Shame - Poll Included
3 3

Should Alien be in the CGC Hall of Shame  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Should Alien be in the CGC Hall of Shame

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/25/2021 at 11:14 PM

89 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, crassus said:

At first glance I would assume that (c) is about professional operations to mine or scrape personal data for resale or other commercial purposes. This does not on its own read as a blanket prohibition on sharing personal information of other users. I have always understood that posting personal information publicly is wrong, and in other public disputes here it has been the practice to blank out phone numbers and addresses, but I do not think names have been considered as protected, and communicating such information via PM may be different, that would need to be clarified. I do not believe that CGC guarantees or is committed to protecting the anonymity of its users, but I am just guessing. 2c

I agree.  I think it's fine to post a name,  The original post I was replying to asked for the paypal address to be posted.  

3 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I agree.  I think it's fine to post a name,  The original post I was replying to asked for the paypal address to be posted.  

Thanks for the clarification. I agree, and yes there is a difference between the two, 

On 7/13/2020 at 3:59 PM, SkOw said:

Where is that documented?  Sellers post their own PayPal IDs and other people on the HOS have had their personal information shared.  Chip comes to mind.  I would just like to see the rule and the context around it.

Chip introduced himself as Chip Cataldo publicly and even his board name was Chip Cataldo.

Now, I don't know if I could post the name Francis "Chip" Cataldo... but Chip Cataldo was okay as that was the board name. 

11 hours ago, Xatari said:

I am going to err on the side of caution and refrain from posting a name until a moderator weighs in for approval. 

It should be okay but you are smarter than I am in that regard.  If only Arch were still around. 

@crassus

Poll closed 121-3 with one member publicly rescinding their nay to yay and one doing it privately.   Spiritually 123-1 but officially 121-3.

Do... your thang.   

The list increases by '1'.  

23 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

@crassus

Poll closed 121-3 with one member publicly rescinding their nay to yay and one doing it privately.   Spiritually 123-1 but officially 121-3.

Do... your thang.   

The list increases by '1'.  

Thanks for leading the charge on this! :golfclap: