• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Charley Harper art fans out there?

12 posts in this topic

My new bride is a big fan of Charley Harper's art. He's local to where she grew up and his art really resonates with her. I am doing my homework on his art and thought I would drop a note here to see if anyone might collect or be aware of his market. It's not comic art so I doubt I will get any hits but wanted to open a dialog just in case. 

https://www.charleyharper.com/

https://www.charleyharperartstudio.com/

TIA!

Big fan. You don't see originals around that much (when I first researched him in 2010 or so, I was told his family was holding onto them) but they do pop up occasionally at regional auctions. 

Edited by glendgold

34 minutes ago, glendgold said:

Big fan. You don't see originals around that much (when I first researched him in 2010 or so, I was told his family was holding onto them) but they do pop up occasionally at regional auctions. 

Thanks Glen, feel free to share any learnings of a more specific nature - here or via DM. I am looking at a few signed prints/giclees to get and frame up. I have found quite a few that appeal to me. 

13 hours ago, ShallowDan said:

I'm a fan of MCM design in general, and his art is mid-century art at its best.  The new missus has great taste! 

Thanks! 

I think we may end up having a fair share of Charley Harper art on our walls. Win-Win!

On 7/8/2020 at 10:58 AM, JadeGiant said:

Thanks! 

I think we may end up having a fair share of Charley Harper art on our walls. Win-Win!

I meant to mention it last night, but if your wife isn't familiar with him already, she might enjoy seeing some of Japanese illustrator Shinzi Katoh's work as well (especially if/when she is ever decorating a nursery at some point down the road).

19 hours ago, ShallowDan said:

I meant to mention it last night, but if your wife isn't familiar with him already, she might enjoy seeing some of Japanese illustrator Shinzi Katoh's work as well (especially if/when she is ever decorating a nursery at some point down the road).

Thank you, I will take a look but not for nursery ideas ... Those days are firmly in the rear view mirror