• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 210 Appreciation Thread
1 1

10 posts in this topic

My first comic off the stands, along with Incredible Hulk #253!  I wish John Romita Jr. still drew that way!  I guess he, or the public, thought his style was too much like his old man so he developed his own!  I'd rather he aped his pappy! :wink:  Also, Denny O'Neil's (RIP) run wasn't well received by me, or many others at the time, but I can be nostalgic about it now!  He came on the book as EIC Jim Shooter was doing away with the last vestiges of the writer/editor system from the 70's!  In hindsight, a necessary change from the freewheeling 70's to the corporate 80's, but I sure didn't take it well at the time!  At least Norman Osborn was still dead and Peter had never been married so I guess it wasn't all bad!  Four bits for a book filled with precious dreams!  Truly the bargain of a lifetime!  :smile:

2 hours ago, WoWitHurts said:

You should sell it and buy it back in a year when people go back to not caring about it. I love the 200’s spidy but for 210 to be on par with 238 price why is crazy.

I don't disagree, but if you want and need a 9.8 CGC copy for your collection, I would suggest keeping it. As my lovely wife likes to say, "They ain't making any more of them . . ." I've sold both of my copies for a nice sum, but I'm not a HUGE Spidey-fan (just a big one.) lol

13 hours ago, divad said:

I don't disagree, but if you want and need a 9.8 CGC copy for your collection, I would suggest keeping it. As my lovely wife likes to say, "They ain't making any more of them . . ." I've sold both of my copies for a nice sum, but I'm not a HUGE Spidey-fan (just a big one.) lol

I understand that thought. I am a HUGE Iron Man fan and I have my original 55 (CGC 8.5) and want to upgrade to a 9.6. I have been holding back and feel it is now getting to the other side of the bell curve. soon...soon.

17 minutes ago, akaSteveRogers said:

Just catching up after being off the grid for a couple of years. :)  What is the reason for the recent surge in this book?

TV movie rumors and the weird newsstand obsession at the moment.

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but I like to join in on nice comic discussions. For this one, Madame Web happens to be the character I hate the most in the spidey lore. I know her from the 90s tv show and whenever she showed up it was all just a bunch of nonsense to me. Like a worse version of the three eyed raven messing with Bran. She would just suck all the fun from the show. Personal opinion of a 10 year old boy.