• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there any type of comic show coming in Michigan?
2 2

12 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, silversufer27 said:

It’s been a while since there’s been one and I don’t know where to find them if anyone knows thanks

Motor City in May would have been canceled.  Is it still in Novi?

1 hour ago, Motor City Rob said:

Yes, in Novi, and yes it was cancelled. Next major official con isn't until November in Grand Rapids. Not aware of any smaller ones, but maybe others can chime in.

Thanks. I used to go to that show back in the 90’s before I moved out west.

3 hours ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

well that list shows a con coming to Flint August 8 , but the link doesn't work 

and i doubt that one would have any comics , probably mostly just cos play and non-comic related things for sale ...

There's a small monthly one in Livonia at Knight's Hall, their facebook says they are doing the July 19th show.  Even pre-covid that hall was always packed with people and it is single aisles with dealers on both sides.  It's honestly a terrible setup considering covid-times so I am surprised they have not cancelled all of them indefinitely.   I read their facebook more closely and it says they are changing the layout to be one-way but even still that does nothing to prevent people from standing 6 inches away from you breathing on your neck..   I wouldn't recommend going to any show regardless of showroom size right now to be honest
https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Event/Knights-Hall-Comic-And-Toy-Show-1648730695179968/

How about we just start a thread here for local michigan people to trade.  I think there's already a sub-forum for it anyway.

PM Catrick here on the boards. He is from MI and told me there are a lot of shows there and close by in neighboring areas. I wouldn’t expect much no should there be under the surging conditions in most states including MI

There was a small, pretty weak one in LA a couple weeks ago. Not very well attended but I heard the dealers did a little business. I passed...

3 hours ago, 90sChild said:

There's a small monthly one in Livonia at Knight's Hall, their facebook says they are doing the July 19th show.  Even pre-covid that hall was always packed with people and it is single aisles with dealers on both sides.  It's honestly a terrible setup considering covid-times so I am surprised they have not cancelled all of them indefinitely.   I read their facebook more closely and it says they are changing the layout to be one-way but even still that does nothing to prevent people from standing 6 inches away from you breathing on your neck..   I wouldn't recommend going to any show regardless of showroom size right now to be honest
https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Event/Knights-Hall-Comic-And-Toy-Show-1648730695179968/

How about we just start a thread here for local michigan people to trade.  I think there's already a sub-forum for it anyway.

I used to go to that back in the day. I think it lacks the orgainziation to do any sort of big picture decision making... basicly if the space is available and they can sell enough tables, they'll have the show... is about as much thought as goes into it (or at least thats how it was)