• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Do You Suggest Organizing My Bookshelves?

49 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Dave2739 said:

So much awesome in those pics!!!. Diggin' that Terrordrome, hydrofoil and that old school Marvel Universe poster from way back. And is that a carded Secret Wars Wolverine?
Shelves look super duper by the way. Really really nice set-up.

Thanks man! I am trying to consolidate all of the comics stuff into my office, which is in the back of my "man cave" (not a fan of the term, but I guess that's what it is.) The books used to be spread out around the place. Now I'm trying to get the comics stuff all in that room, and move the toys and books that used to be there out into the main space. Having to do some juggling. The larger Joe pieces are still there until I can find a better spot for 'em out in the bigger room. Yup, there's a carded SW Wolvie, Hobgoblin and Iceman. They'll move eventually too, when the time is right! 

Didn't mean to highjack the thread, hopefully Capra is getting some ideas!

13 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm gonna get an identical bookshelf soon, and set it up right next to my current one. I have 2 trains of thought RE: organizing them. Either keep my current one all-comics, and put all the informational books in the new one, or set 'em up like this:

image.thumb.png.7f191ec6a108e6fb8b3b828df697cfd5.png

What do you think?

There once was a racehorse that won great fame-what do you think was the horse's name

7 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

E. Nigma?

6 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Tony

Notice there is no question mark-it was not a question.  I was saying that is the horse's name-What Do You Think.

4 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

Railroad crossing without any cars.  How can you spell that without any Rs?

choo choo place and no automobiles 

3 hours ago, kav said:
18 hours ago, kav said:

There once was a racehorse that won great fame-what do you think was the horse's name

Notice there is no question mark-it was not a question.  I was saying that is the horse's name-What Do You Think.

There wasn't any punctuation at the end.....so it wasn't even a sentence. :baiting:

5 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

There wasn't any punctuation at the end.....so it wasn't even a sentence. :baiting:

I can do what I want!

3 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Anyone mess with Kav, they answer to me.  I'm his bodyguard... as long as he continues to lavish me with Penthouse Comix.

and i will.  plus them hustlers.

On 7/9/2020 at 9:56 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm gonna get an identical bookshelf soon, and set it up right next to my current one. I have 2 trains of thought RE: organizing them. Either keep my current one all-comics, and put all the informational books in the new one, or set 'em up like this:

What do you think?

BORING!

How about alphabetical by the author's first name?

Sorted by size?

Oooo, oooo, how about this:

Organizing books by color: Which camp are you in? - The Washington ...

Now there's a bookshelf with STYLE! Roy G. Biv, baby!

On 7/9/2020 at 9:56 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

What do you think?

I think it looks great!

You definitely want to put your best books where they are going to garner the most attention and make you look the most sophisticated and having the philosophy books right in the middle seems like your best bet, but I would switch trade paper backs with Encyclopedias and absolute editions with History books.

Speaking of philosophy, what have you read? I have read quite a bit in my life (alot of time on my hands) I'd have to say my favorite philosopher has to be Frederich Nietzsche, maybe followed by Sartre or Descarte, I'm a pure existentialist, more on the side of Atheism (Why I enjoy Nietzsche so much) but Descarte was quite captivating to. I did enjoy Critique of Pure reason and how it transformed western philosophy.

Regarding history I loved Eisenhower's Crusade in Europe, touching how he said "We fought the wrong enemy" In reference to the war to come (At least in a cold war sense) with the Soviet Union. Have you ever read "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" By Edward Gibbon? (Very Good) 

13 hours ago, ttfitz said:

BORING!

Sorted by size?

Hmmm

Didn't hear very good things about Andy McNab, but that is one hell of a sexy looking book shelf, very color coordinated.

Edited by BaronSamedi

On 7/9/2020 at 8:56 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

What do you think?

Why not like this?

slabvault.jpg

18 hours ago, ttfitz said:

BORING!

Sorted by size?

They should reverse the center shelf.  The first row ends with green, and they could continue from the right with green on the 2nd row, work back left, and when they get to purple, it will match the purple underneath on the 3rd row. :foryou:

colorshelves.jpg.78dc57f850aeaf2b0cf95df6fb528c16.jpg

On 7/11/2020 at 3:22 AM, ttfitz said:

BORING!

Sorted by size?

I like that, but, pretty much all of my books are 1 of 3 colors/shades: Tan, burgundy, or black. lol