• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age TV Comics!
2 2

47 posts in this topic

I grew up in the Silver Age. My earliest comics were DC war and Batman then graduated to Marvels as they first came out.

TV was very important back then. Seems every TV show had at least, a lunch box, trading cards and of course comic books.

I recently received this in the mail. Wasn't looking for it, nor do I collect them but I loved the show and this one had the distinction of being autographed by Napoleon Solo!

commanfromuncle16.jpg

when i was real young 6, 7 years old i would watch Hogans Heroes and i thought it was a real war show , i didn't get any of the jokes,.. all i knew was that there were germans and during the opening credits there was an explosion , so i thought it was a real war show lol , 

when i got older i loved the show , especially Sgt Schultz..

Hogan's Heroes #8

6 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

when i was real young 6, 7 years old i would watch Hogans Heroes and i thought it was a real war show , i didn't get any of the jokes,.. all i knew was that there were germans and during the opening credits there was an explosion , so i thought it was a real war show lol , 

Hogan's Heroes #8

Man, I loved Hogan's Heroes and still do. There is a channel that shows two a night back to back. McKale's Navy was also cool. About the ONLY two shows my dad and I could watch together...:cloud9:

25 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Hogan's Heroes #8

I see nothing i know nothing lol

32 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Sgt. Bilko 15 raw.jpg

we didn't get that channel at our house so i have never seen a Sgt Bilko show, we only got two channels 6 (CBS) and 10 (NBC).... channel 12 (ABC) was out of Grand Rapids and that was too far away except for those lucky enough to have a real big antenna on their roof

56 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

we didn't get that channel at our house so i have never seen a Sgt Bilko show, we only got two channels 6 (CBS) and 10 (NBC).... channel 12 (ABC) was out of Grand Rapids and that was too far away except for those lucky enough to have a real big antenna on their roof

It's original run was before I was born but I've seen some of them in re-runs. The logo on the cover is a CBS logo, so I'm surprised it didn't come through that affiliate. Oh well, YouTube probably has some if you're interested.  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

It still stands up pretty well today, I watched the whole lot again last year, one of the best comedy shows ever made

1.thumb.jpg.72d6443f18e8bb0e7f4ff2dd1f495397.jpg

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

When I was a kid my Mother used to watch a 30 minute show when Star Trek was on the other channel

I used to see the first 10 minutes and the end credits :( 

Years later when I had my own place they ran the series again and I got to see them all in colour too, it was black and white TV when I was a kid, we were very poor  lol