• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age TV Comics!
2 2

47 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

It's original run was before I was born but I've seen some of them in re-runs. The logo on the cover is a CBS logo, so I'm surprised it didn't come through that affiliate. Oh well, YouTube probably has some if you're interested.  (thumbsu

yes you are correct , i just looked the show up on wikipedia and the original run was on CBS but before i was born and i don't remember any reruns , 

my earliest memories of TV show were -   of course i had to watch what my Dad watched  - the Quiz Bowl and , Face the Nation (super boring for a little kid but hey ,. it was TV !!)

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

yes you are correct , i just looked the show up on wikipedia and the original run was on CBS but before i was born and i don't remember any reruns , 

my earliest memories of TV show were -   of course i had to watch what my Dad watched  - the Quiz Bowl and , Face the Nation (super boring for a little kid but hey ,. it was TV !!)

My earliest tv memories are of seeing some of the 60s Batman series and some Star Trek episodes, but it would have likely been re-runs in the early 70s. 

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Another of my favorite shows was the Beverly Hillbillies. Couldn't wait for the next one.

Many years ago I had a vendor that just happened to be married to Buddy Ebsen. I mentioned to her what a big fan was and that I was a comic collector. She called me one day and said she was coming by and "someone" would be with her. She suggested I might want to bring one of my comic books.

I went out to her car and there was Jed Clampett! We talked a little bit, he gave me a little "whoo doggies" and signed my book. What a thrill!

combevhillbillies8.jpg

That is straight awesomeness