• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“THE SHADOW KNOWS”
2 2

96 posts in this topic

I think this is the 3rd time that I'm going through this thread... one of my favorites here on the boards!  Seeking out and collecting Shadow memorabilia is certainly addicting... this @detective35 collection is incredible and absolutely something worthy of going to a museum to see.  I find it fascinating with how many different directions one can go with this.  From the Street and Smith aspect to the radio material to the promoters... it's fantastic.  Obviously I'm new to this and finding it very time consuming to research and track down certain pieces but at the same time, such an exhilarating learning process too.

So even though my Shadow collection is small, it is rapidly growing from pulps to comics to promotional material as well as other relatable items. 

I feel like I've officially entered the 'Shadow World' and I have no intention nor desire to leave.  lol

These are 7 of my favorite items from this new endeavor of mine...

#1. In my opinion, the greatest matchbook ever produced!

Screenshot_20230513-212336-364.png

Screenshot_20230513-212034-200.png

Screenshot_20230513-213032-107.png

#2. The Shadow premium ring from 1941...

IMG_20230318_190543235.jpg

IMG_20230318_190434735_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230318_190336901_HDR.jpg

As first offered in this episode.

shadow_ring_ad.jpg

#3. Canadian Ink Blotter - which illustrates the reach of the Shadow radio series and Blue Coal.

1684030257364.jpg

#4. Sample of Blue Coal from the Glen Alden Company courtesy of the Huber Breaker in Ashley (Wilkes-Barre), Pennsylvania.

1684030306227.jpg

#5. The October 1936 issue of the pulp series that broke my flood gates.  In my opinion, Bill Finger and Bob Kane seared this image into their minds and the rest is history...

shadow1936.jpg

#6. Blue Coal truck driver jacket patch.  Hmm... Now why would I relate to this?

1684030237777.jpg

#7. The Shadow told me weeks upon weeks about the importance of being able to stop in time on slippery roads with this.  Definitely good advice... The Shadow Knows!

1684027054798.jpg

Love the cool Shadow "stuff". Great glow on your ring. Mine still does the same thing. Here are a few other cool Shadow items to look out for. The "Whip Waste" is not really an authorized Shadow item. But has obviously, been influenced by the character. Hard to beat Dwight's stash but that comes from being so focused which I, obviously am not...

shadowkit.jpg

shadowphoto.jpg

shadowblotter.jpg

shadowpin.jpeg

shadowwhipwastepin.jpg

On 5/14/2023 at 12:19 PM, Robot Man said:

Love the cool Shadow "stuff". Great glow on your ring. Mine still does the same thing. Here are a few other cool Shadow items to look out for. The "Whip Waste" is not really an authorized Shadow item. But has obviously, been influenced by the character. Hard to beat Dwight's stash but that comes from being so focused which I, obviously am not...

shadowkit.jpg

shadowphoto.jpg

shadowblotter.jpg

shadowpin.jpeg

shadowwhipwastepin.jpg

I have the same John Mann & Sons Ink Blotter as you but yours looks much nicer.  I found this one at an antique store in Rochester, NY

edited_4391d6c7-362a-47e0-a85c-724176c40

On 5/14/2023 at 6:55 PM, Hibou said:

I have the same John Mann & Sons Ink Blotter as you but yours looks much nicer.  I found this one at an antique store in Rochester, NY

edited_4391d6c7-362a-47e0-a85c-724176c40

It is from Canada. I got a small stack at a flea market in MA many years ago. Long gone but this one.