• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

garat14

9 posts in this topic

on ebay at the bottom cgc says you can have a grade on your comics for 5.00or 10.00 I've been turned down several times. it says you must to be a associate member or higher I've tried several times but still says not eligible for expert review what am i doing wrong or not understanding and i am a associate member. 

I’m not entirely sure what’s being asked, but suggest contacting Cgc customer service directly

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 5:27 PM, garat said:

on ebay at the bottom cgc says you can have a grade on your comics for 5.00or 10.00 I've been turned down several times. it says you must to be a associate member or higher I've tried several times but still says not eligible for expert review what am i doing wrong or not understanding and i am a associate member. 

Can you post an example of an Ebay auction that has this?

I think what you are seeing is an offer from that seller to provide a valuation of what you have for a fee for the service.

Mind blown. This has been around for a year. I have looked at thousands of books on eBay and have never seen this. In short for those not wanting to read article, for $5 cgc will give you an opinion if book is authentic. For $10 they give you a broad grade range and what color label it will get judging by ebay seller photos. May take 2 days for a reply. I was going to undercut them to provide this service but they will also provide you with coupon voucher so basically service is free if you send them the book within 90 days.

5 hours ago, OMGitsCornbread said:

You're going to spend money to find out what your book is worth? doh!

I would suggest putting up a scan in the Buddy Spare a Grade section, and then using the average grade to check completed auctions sales.

Somebody should make a book that teaches you how to grade and then give prices for that grade. I think it could work.