• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All New Comics #8 vs Terrific #5

68 posts in this topic

Sweet!!!

The "4" on the Church copy refers to the number of copies sent to that particular store.  The most popular issues were in double digits.

The "No 4" on your copy of Suspense 4 would appear to refer to the issue number and so has a very different origin.

Thank you Mr. Strange (A.B.), I was never aware of that tidbit.  I agree, my copy is a denotation of the issue number only so the potential for it being a MH is greatly diminished.  Somebody out there must have it................

12 hours ago, Et-Es-Go said:

I was surprised to see the Mile High copy of Suspense #3 surface in 2017,

As was I since it was not listed in Chuck's MH catalogue and there had never been any mention of a possible Church copy of Suspense 3 prior to the HA in 2017.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

12 hours ago, Et-Es-Go said:

My raw copy also has a neatly penciled NO. 4 in the upper right hand corner that is similar to that of the Suspense #3. 

10 hours ago, Et-Es-Go said:

I agree, my copy is a denotation of the issue number only so the potential for it being a MH is greatly diminished.  Somebody out there must have it................

Yes, somebody out there definitely must have the Church copy of Suspense 4 since every issue of Suspense Comics with the exception of Suspense 3 was listed in Chuck's Mile High catalogue.  A check of the Heritage and CC auction archives indicates that every single Church copy of this short 12-issue Suspense run has shown up in the public marketplace with the exception of both Suspense 4 and Suspense 8, with the highest graded copies for both of these books still at a CGC 7.5 condition level for now.  hm

I guess it's only a matter of time before these last 2 Church holdouts make their way into the marketplace.  :taptaptap:  :cloud9:

On 7/11/2020 at 9:12 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

I think most of all of us Gold collectors could be in that club!! part of it that makes it fun for me is I have to face the fact I can’t really afford it all (at least at once) so I have to make important choices and weigh options at any given time!! Feed my children or buy a sweeeeet book hehehehe JK!! 

Hi gino2paulus2,

If you are still looking for an ANC 8 there's one on Heritage:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/all-new-comics-8-harvey-publications-1944-cgc-vg-45-off-white-to-white-pages/a/122416-15079.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

On 4/11/2024 at 6:29 PM, Johnny545 said:

I would like a do-over on deciding to sell this one...

Do we get mulligans around here?

Sometimes.

I just got back Shadow Comics v3 #12, which I never should have sold.

Good news is seller doubled his money. 
Bad news is I’m the guy who sold it to him in the first place. :tonofbricks:

I think All New 8 is an amazing cover, but something about the logo and the colors don't grab me as much as some of the others.

Edited by Bronty