• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slabbing What if Venom possessed Deadpool

7 posts in this topic

I might be in the minority (I probably am) but I'd rather have a 9.8 universal (old label preferred, of course) with no theme to it. Everything else makes me think I am paying more for a picture on a label. Now...will CGC stop offering labels or change them? Will there be label variants? Retired labels are already a real thing, but shouldn't it be more about the book inside? That said, get the label of the character that speaks to you more. For me, it would be Venom.

8 hours ago, PeterPark said:

I might be in the minority (I probably am) but I'd rather have a 9.8 universal (old label preferred, of course) with no theme to it. Everything else makes me think I am paying more for a picture on a label. Now...will CGC stop offering labels or change them? Will there be label variants? Retired labels are already a real thing, but shouldn't it be more about the book inside? That said, get the label of the character that speaks to you more. For me, it would be Venom.

I agree 100% - a standard blue label is what I would get. But between the two character labels Venom is the easy choice.

If slabbing to sell, I’d get venom label. If slabbing to keep I’d get standard label. Custom labels are marketing tools, advantageous for CGC and slab sellers.

ive got a stack of Carnage keys I’m sending in that’ll get custom labels, because they seem to fetch more premium than they cost.