• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hubba Hubba show your "Girly" Pulps!
8 8

287 posts in this topic

Probably my last show pickup days before lockdown. Was blown away to find it buried in a box. Was high on my wantlist. I dare say, I will see another one for a while. 

(Sorry for the photo alteration, I don’t wish to get spanked by the mods again...)

A3B44D36-41D0-4F58-A6F2-D326E3903DD9.jpeg

On 7/10/2020 at 10:24 AM, jimjum12 said:

This one was way up on my wantlist, I figured it would be quite some time, but Dave Smith listed this one and I had to pull a Mitch and "mannup". GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

DSCN0164.JPG

That one and the “Shark” cover are near the top of my list...:x

27 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

That one and the “Shark” cover are near the top of my list...:x

It was the second most I ever paid for a Pulp. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 7/11/2020 at 10:47 AM, Robot Man said:

Probably my last show pickup days before lockdown. Was blown away to find it buried in a box. Was high on my wantlist. I dare say, I will see another one for a while. 

(Sorry for the photo alteration, I don’t wish to get spanked by the mods again...)

A3B44D36-41D0-4F58-A6F2-D326E3903DD9.jpeg

Believe it or not, there is a copy on eBay right now.  Not mine, but I wish it were mine. :x

I (too?) have recently ramped up my opinion of Enoch Bolles, and I had already thought of him as one of the masters of GGA. The selection of his work in "The Art of the Pulps' book I got last month led me to further searching online. Ou La La. Since 'Legendary Ladies' are a thing of mine I'm particularly fascinated by his 1933-1934 Bedtime Stories cover run. I will admit that I'm not aiming to acquire the pulps -nice e-images fit my budget better... Here's a couple from the run that I have happily copied from the wondrous web... If anyone's got any - I would be pleased by the posting thereof - thanks and cheers - Pat

Enoch-Bolles-0108.jpg

Enoch-Bolles-0231.jpg