• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Pulp Magazine collection
1 1

56 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, allthingskryptonite said:

Don't have anything to show! :S

When I was in grad school, I had to write a 50 page paper that included primary sources from the 18th century.  Unfortunately, it turned out that the topic I had chosen only had primary material written in German (later translations were not considered primary).  As I don't speak or read almost any German, I went to my professor and plead my case and explained that I can't read or translate German.

His response:  "You'll have to do something about that."  :insane:

1 minute ago, Randall Dowling said:

When I was in grad school, I had to write a 50 page paper that included primary sources from the 18th century.  Unfortunately, it turned out that the topic I had chosen only had primary material written in German (later translations were not considered primary).  As I don't speak or read almost any German, I went to my professor and plead my case and explained that I can't read or translate German.

His response:  "You'll have to do something about that."  :insane:

:bigsmile:

I am in grad school right now. That's something my advisor would say too. 

33 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

A fun new addition this week!  I hope you guys don't assume this thread is just for my books.  Feel free to post any new arrivals!  Here's mine from today.

IMG_4984.JPG

I've always found that cover highly disturbing...

I don't think anybody feels this thread is just for you; but some of us still using the "I'll Pound You to a Pulp" thread for new books now that they've moved it over here, out of a sense of tradition.  You just happened to start this thread in the window between them creating the pulp forum and them moving the original thread over here.

50 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I've always found that cover highly disturbing...

I don't think anybody feels this thread is just for you; but some of us still using the "I'll Pound You to a Pulp" thread for new books now that they've moved it over here, out of a sense of tradition.  You just happened to start this thread in the window between them creating the pulp forum and them moving the original thread over here.

Hadn't thought about that.  Makes sense.  (thumbsu

On 7/20/2020 at 11:17 PM, Randall Dowling said:

A fun new addition this week!  I hope you guys don't assume this thread is just for my books.  Feel free to post any new arrivals!  Here's mine from today.

IMG_4984.JPG

Great injury to eye cover ‼️‼️Except not much of an injury😀😷

On 12/22/2020 at 9:17 AM, Readcomix said:

This week in my pulp collection (which takes it from 2 to 3!) is an awesome gift from a certain generous boardie who might be a ringleader of sorts in this very thread :whistle: Thank you very much! :headbang:

Fantastic vol 1 #1 Virgil Finlay, Bradbury, Asimov, Chandler :cloud9:

01ABD059-C5CF-4D59-BDE2-119DC28DA20D.jpeg

An absolutely wonderful cover that's not widely known!  You're the man, Gene!  (thumbsu