• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy here

17 posts in this topic

Hi Drey here new member still figuring things out on this great site so excuse me if this is not right place or time to post a new topic (if I’m playing the odds this is way left field, yeah wrong place) I have a quick question and I will get specific.  I am will be sending in 3 great copies of  Wolverine 90 deluxe edition. Very good condition top to bottom no bends etc etc even the spine no colour break .  Why the F is a deluxe version of some NON key comic pulling big bucks. I used a few sites GoCollect and EBay and a few others referred to OMGitsCornbread and it makes no sense. Even at 9.4 why the F would this be a $95 comic and 9.6 is 400 and 9.8 between 760-900

What makes it so God damn special. Seriously what, you get free soul points or something. Is there extra fold outs or wtf. If any one can let me know hey “plus one”  to you

8 hours ago, DkpNelson said:

Hi Drey here new member still figuring things out on this great site so excuse me if this is not right place or time to post a new topic (if I’m playing the odds this is way left field, yeah wrong place) I have a quick question and I will get specific.  I am will be sending in 3 great copies of  Wolverine 90 deluxe edition. Very good condition top to bottom no bends etc etc even the spine no colour break .  Why the F is a deluxe version of some NON key comic pulling big bucks. I used a few sites GoCollect and EBay and a few others referred to OMGitsCornbread and it makes no sense. Even at 9.4 why the F would this be a $95 comic and 9.6 is 400 and 9.8 between 760-900

What makes it so God damn special. Seriously what, you get free soul points or something. Is there extra fold outs or wtf. If any one can let me know hey “plus one”  to you

it is hard to acquire in very high grade.

Hum, this forum has changed a lot over the years, perhaps for the better.   In the "old days" a question like that from a newbie would have been met with relentless torment and much anguish.  It seems the place has mellowed.  That is not necessarily a bad thing.  But lets not let the newbies get too cocky.  :kidaround:

Oh, and least I forget, WTTB!

3 hours ago, DWL said:

Hum, this forum has changed a lot over the years, perhaps for the better.   In the "old days" a question like that from a newbie would have been met with relentless torment and much anguish.  It seems the place has mellowed.  That is not necessarily a bad thing.  But lets not let the newbies get too cocky.  :kidaround:

I think if one comes in with a bit of humbleness and fun and asks a reasonable question, they won’t meet too much ridicule.

4 hours ago, DWL said:

Who are you calling a newbie... newbie? :kidaround:

19 hours ago, DkpNelson said:

On one hand, it's puzzling. There aren't that many graded copies and the percentage of 9.8s isn't tiny.

But there are reasons that issue is more susceptible to damage, including, but not limited to, the :censored::censored: insert.

On 7/11/2020 at 4:19 AM, DkpNelson said:

Well whoever bought this one -- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-90-1995-CGC-9-4-Hildebrandt-Kubert-Deluxe-Sabretooth-Uncanny-X-Men-/124231064715?hash=item1cecbf9c8b%3Ag%3AEzEAAOSwI4Ve78s-&nma=true&si=LjpuxsFNhGzzUUJ4pVVR7vDHsys%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 -- is either a new collector or just stupid.  You can put together your own CGC 9.4 of this book for a couple of bucks and the cost of grading.  Copies of Wolverine 90, especially the Deluxe edition, are everywhere.  In terms of 9.8s, between blue and SS copies there are already 65 in the census, and that doesn't account for the time period where CGC wasn't making the label distinction for Deluxe.  So there's likely even more already graded 9.8s floating around.  If anyone out there actually paid $900 for a blue label 9.8 copy, they should have their money revoked.

The non-deluxe is a bit of a different story in that its harder to find, but there's still nothing all that special about the issue. 

I would post your copies in "Hey buddy can you spare a grade?" before sending them in to get some opinions on if they really are worth the cost of grading.