• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Young Marvelman #370
2 2

22 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2020 at 11:25 AM, Gnasher said:

The original back cover ad was the first tell tale for me. I don't collect Miller's but that ad ran in War Picture Library and similar books in the early 60's, I've never see a facsimile carry period advertising.  I'm glad it's sorted for you now(thumbsu

Hi all. I'm a little late to the party and by no means an expert on the Whitworth facsimilies but I can say that they were exact replicas of the older comics including the ads.

As Whitworth produced 1000s of replicas in the 80s/90s of UK reprint titles of the 40s/50s/60s. This makes collecting these titles as absolute nightmare.

I have a copy of the Whtiworth catalogue from that era and can confirm that YM no 370 was the last issue of that title that he reproduced. But as the earlier copies are now 30+ years old it is not outside the bounds of possibility that the earlier facsimiles themselves could have accumulated wear and tear and even staple rust.

On 9/30/2020 at 8:05 PM, Redshade said:

Hi all. I'm a little late to the party and by no means an expert on the Whitworth facsimilies but I can say that they were exact replicas of the older comics including the ads.

As Whitworth produced 1000s of replicas in the 80s/90s of UK reprint titles of the 40s/50s/60s. This makes collecting these titles as absolute nightmare.

I have a copy of the Whtiworth catalogue from that era and can confirm that YM no 370 was the last issue of that title that he reproduced. But as the earlier copies are now 30+ years old it is not outside the bounds of possibility that the earlier facsimiles themselves could have accumulated wear and tear and even staple rust.

You're right, and I was thinking as much - so hopefully it's not the case lol