• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I the Only One...
1 1

29 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, D84 said:

They said no one would share this on the CGC boards...:devil:

Yeah.  Total screw job!!!  They totally switched those books out.  Oh man.  CGC better check themselves.  Serious guys in Toledo.  Lots of rings and nicotine stained finger nails.

I've watched for a couple of reasons:  I've been trying to get up to speed on some moderns, and also keep an eye out for some older obscure comics to edit info for the GCD.

It's sad that a couple of these guys, who are high-profile and have bought collections as large as 100,000 books, seem to have a really limited comics publishing knowledge.

For example, when you've bought a What If? #1 from 1977 among a select group from an LCS, and point out that it's the "Newsstand Edition," keep looking for that "Direct" -- even though such across-the-board variants wouldn't exist for 2+ years...!

On 7/11/2020 at 1:13 PM, shadroch said:

I wish I had time to watch random strangers opening packages on the internet. 

I actually do it for product reviews... Unfortunately it starts off with them making a production out of opening the box. 

I have used those reviews from everything to determine what power washer to buy to which version of Megatron was the better of the two for my book shelf. 

It’s amazing how many people look at cover only and say “oh yeah that’s 9.8” but if they were to open the pages they would find a small crease or minute tear somewhere. Sigh. Oh well it’s entertainment. Some unboxers are more interesting and enjoyable to watch than others for sure. 

On 7/25/2020 at 10:11 PM, oldbsturgeon said:

I bet the book had that crease on the back and was submitted as is

Yep, no press and just rolled the dice.  that's definitely a CPR candidate!  lol   So long as there's no color rub or color break from the vertical book length poly bag indent.

On 7/25/2020 at 12:46 PM, Poekaymon said:

People actually wait for the boxes?  I spam the submissions page and get the results 30 seconds after they are posted.

tenor.gif They "wait" for the boxes, just to show you in the video :) 

To anyone who actually does wait, thank you for your honesty and sincerity :sumo: it is greatly appreciated truly! Please don't take offense, But for the sake of all our consciences, no dolphins were harmed in the making of this post :foryou: